W202 Rainsensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Another day, another mod :D

Anyone confirm exactly where it should sit on a W202? is it meant to be on the blanked out section of the screen as per this photo? I cant see how it would work there?

rain-sensor.jpg

Rain sensors need the lenses that are bonded to the screen. They should be visible from outside. They are usually in that area behind the RVM

i think they should be in that area but their should be some dots removed so the sensor can see though the glass have a look at a few cars in your area or a car park you'll see what i mean

looks good is this mod in the w202 range and if so or not what are the part codes and the wiring diagrams i would like that myself

you always come up with the best ideas

luckily for me, my w202 had a rain sensor fitted as an optional extra :bannana:

I am having a few probs getting the pics on my pc :wallbash: pm a mobile number and I can send them via txt?

Just grabbed 2 shots of my mates W202 with the rain sensor factory installed.

Outside:

IMG_2464.jpg

Inside:

IMG_2463.jpg

Thanks for the pictures!

Is the blue part of the glass or a cover on the sensor as mine doesnt have this?

I had a good look and the glass itself is only modiefied in the sense that is does not have that black mesh like print on that sector of the glass instead it has a blue square thing that is bonded to the glass to which the sensor clips on to. As far as I am aware for this mod to work effectively or even work at all a new windscreen with that blue thing bonded is required

I had a good look and the glass itself is only modiefied in the sense that is does not have that black mesh like print on that sector of the glass instead it has a blue square thing that is bonded to the glass to which the sensor clips on to. As far as I am aware for this mod to work effectively or even work at all a new windscreen with that blue thing bonded is required

Sounds expensive.

My windscreen has developed a crack which is growing by the day, please could someone with a W202 + rainsensor on windscreen please PM me?

I need the VIN of a W202 with this fitted to order as my replacement screen

Cheers!

Last edited:
Would the part # A2026700701 GREEN HEAT-ABSORBING GLASS; WITH SUN FILTER,FOR RAIN SENSOR help?

This link has the various part numbers: PARTSCATALOG.RU

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom