w202 rear head rests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c13tay

Car
c200 diesel estate avantgarde SE
I have an early w202 which didnt come with rear heads. Is it possible to retro fit these and how easy is it ???

Obviously i would need a new rear shelf and the headrests - anything else ??

thanks

Chris

They are spring loaded to a switch on the dash. which would require the wiring, switch, & mech.

A big job IMO, unless you dont mind them always in the up postition

Yes, realised that so was going for the always up option

Cant see that physically fitting them should be a problem though

Shouldnt be, if you can source all the parts etc, looks much better IMO.

I have an early w202 aswell (with headrests though) does yours have parcel shelf speakers aswell? mine doesnt! :(

originally no - but the previousowner has badly fitted some !!!

yikes! new parcel shelfs can be cut for speakers etc, I had to cut mine out for speakers when i fitted a new shelf for the electric blind.

you can fit rear headrest retro fit, its not too much of a mission although it is fiddly.

Rear speakers and other mods

I had some badly fitted speakers on the rear shelf, have moved em now, no thanks to the previous owners....Anyway, used some Autoleads speaker brackets and put them in the right place.

Was wondering if anyone can help with how to fit speakers in series...as I want to add an extra set to the rear shelf.

Cheers :)

c13tay said:
I have an early w202 which didnt come with rear heads. Is it possible to retro fit these and how easy is it ???

Obviously i would need a new rear shelf and the headrests - anything else ??

thanks

Chris

You can get a retro fit kit from MB, I fitted some to a C250 many moons ago.

The kit has all the lines, cables etc.

Bit of a mission though...

nick mercedes said:
You can get a retro fit kit from MB, I fitted some to a C250 many moons ago.

The kit has all the lines, cables etc.

Bit of a mission though...

How much is it? Knowing that MB like to charge cut throat prices...and how easy is it to fit to say a '94 C 180

still looking for the bits i need for this conversion - my localstealer said the upgrade kit isnt available anymore so it looks like ill be trawling the breakers.

Found one but wrong colour cloth

any one got a shelf, headrests and anything else ill need - charcoal ascot trim

thanks

Right definately going to do this

can anyone tell me exactly what I need

Obviously i need the headrests themselves and presumably a rear shelf.

If im prepared to have these permanently up, what else do i need ???

Help please - rung round about 5 used parts suppliers and they are all saying I need differnt things - one said it isnt possible !!!!

Chris

c13tay said:

Obviously i need the headrests themselves and presumably a rear shelf.

If im prepared to have these permanently up, what else do i need ???

Help please - rung round about 5 used parts suppliers and they are all saying I need differnt things - one said it isnt possible !!!!

Chris

Try www.mercland.co.uk or .com I'm not sure but they dismantle every time of mercedes around...They're mail order though and down south.

c13tay said:

Chris

You dont need the entire rear shelf, its actually in 3 sections and the centre panel is what you're after with the head rests and other stuff.

Still looking for the bits I need (charcoal/black head rests)

Any one ???

Nick Mercedes - did you get my PM ??

Chris

Thanks KHZ

presume that a link to something on e-bay - cant get e-bay at work so will look tonight

Chris

Headrests

Ok, I've sourced a dismantlers in skelmersdale near to where I am so hoping they can get some rear head rests. Will I be needing to change the current switch unit I have as I also want to install rear electric windows? :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom