W202 Rear Light Clusters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

converse120

Car
C43 (sold a while back), mondeo currently
One of my rear light clusters needs replacing as it’s cracked (been like it since I got the car, I just haven’t got round to doing anything about it before now). Can someone tell me what different styles of rear light cluster are available for the W202 ? I’ve seen a ‘smoked’ style in addition to the standard fit, are there any other alternatives? Would other styles require different bulbs ? What’s your opinion as to what looks best? The car is a silver C43 (saloon).

Cheers

Ian

on a c43 you should already have the partially smoked ones, these are the best ones for your car!

other options

lexus style -aftermarket
led - aftermarket
crystal - aftermarket
total black - aftermarket
red\clear - as per my sig - earlier oem
red\amber - original oem

lexus style -aftermarket - :crazy: miserable
led - aftermarket - :crazy: miserable
crystal - aftermarket - :crazy: miserable
total black - aftermarket - :crazy: miserable
red\clear - as per my sig - earlier oem - :cool: cool
red\amber - original oem - :cool: cool

If I've done it right, there should be a picture attached showing the ones I've got, which I would describe as red, white & amber. Are these 'partially smoked' ? Are they the original OEM ?

Cheers

Ian

Attachments

• rear lights edit.JPG
    rear lights edit.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Cool!! Those tail lamps are 1993-1995 original oem :)

Your car is a facelift model and should have 1997+ lamps on it, which are the smoked ones ;)

Click on my signature pic for some pics of my car with the smoked lamps mentioned earlier in this thread.

your car never came out the factory with those rear lights!

you need to replace with the ones shude has to make it look better!, get them from a breakers is your best bet!

Alps said:
you need to replace with the ones shude has to make it look better!, get them from a breakers is your best bet!
If taking the breakers route try to get a pair from the same car so they have faded the same amount. Make sure to get new prices from the stealership, I think in some cases (dr*nsfields) it is almost cheaper to get new ones ;)

They should like these:

IMG_5225_1.JPG

hmm, I'd assumed it was all original, and that Mambo's were aftermarket ! Sorry ! Got me worried now as to why there's non-OEM light clusters on there.

converse120 said:
hmm, I'd assumed it was all original, and that Mambo's were aftermarket ! Sorry ! Got me worried now as to why there's non-OEM light clusters on there.
The ones you have are probably oem, but they are 1993-1995 items so must have been swapped at some point!

Thanks all for your input and the pics for comparison. I think it must be the colour, but I thought Shude's car looks fantastic. Beginning to wish I'd held out for a dark C43, but finding a good one would take time, and I was too impatient.

I'll post some pics when I finally get the car how I want it (club pedals, probably avantgarde grille, correct rear clusters, 18s or at least the 17s refurbed and maybe lowered a fraction) - which'll probably be this time next year. I've got a big bill tomorrow - it's going for a B service plus spark plugs, brake fluid, coolant ! Hoping nothing else ! Then tax will be due, then MOT, and I'll soon be due another couple of rear tyres. Then insurance and so on......Worth it though.

Cheers

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom