w202 rear suspension bushes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pingping

Car
mercedes w202
wanting to replace these bushes in pic on my 1995 w202,i can buy the bushes but what about the securing bolts that go through them,wondering if eurocarparts stock these.
also is it difficult to do ,is it just a case of jacking up the car and taking them out and replacing or is there something daft i have to do to the suspension first.

Attachments

• Photo-0083.jpg
    Photo-0083.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 144
Jack the car up, put it on stands, remove plastic cover, support lower arm with jack and remove the bolt. Lower the jack and remove the spring and damper (if you are planning on removing the arm from the car)

If you replace the bolt with any old bolt, remember it should be grade 10.8 steel not your average 8.8 bolt.

Jack the car up, put it on stands, remove plastic cover, support lower arm with jack and remove the bolt. Lower the jack and remove the spring and damper (if you are planning on removing the arm from the car)

If you replace the bolt with any old bolt, remember it should be grade 10.8 steel not your average 8.8 bolt.
just want to replace the bushes and securing bolts and nothing else mate,they are shot to bits

you will need to take the whole arm off and a press must be used to press old bush out.

the bushes and bolts/nuts/etc are cheap from merc dealer - give the VIN

OR

you can buy the whole arm wth that bush already installed.

May be a better option if you have to pay to get the work done anyway.

ask merc parts dept for prices and ask for discount.

Seeing the amount of rust around the bush housing, I would recomend getting a new arm. You could be heading for some serious work to remove the existing bush from the arm :crazy:

Most people will opt for a new arm with the bush pre-fitted

If you let me know your reg, il have a look for you

Pat
its a private reg and the eurocarparts computers dont seem to pick it up as ive quoted the reg before and they couldnt find the car.
many thanks for your reply though.

its a private reg and the eurocarparts computers dont seem to pick it up as ive quoted the reg before and they couldnt find the car.
many thanks for your reply though.

If you give me the reg, then the catalogue team can update the sytem using the VIN - this way you wont have any issues using the reg on any of our online services or in store :)

I would replace the arm.That bush will be tricky to get out without damaging the arm.

IIRC that arm is the same across all the models of W202, whether its a lowly C180 or a C43 or C36.

If you give me the reg, then the catalogue team can update the sytem using the VIN - this way you wont have any issues using the reg on any of our online services or in store :)
thanks again for your reply .im going to eurocarparts this week so ill give them the vin and the reg so they can do it in store

Remember in store won't be able to offer the MBCLUB30 discount.

You need to reserve the parts online (using the 30% code) and then collect in store, so if you want me to give you the correct part numbers, feel free to drop me a PM,

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom