w202 running badly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Qegsboy

Car
e240 Estate
I've got a problem with my c200. Following changing the Air Mass Meter (twice - yuk), the car is not running smoothly. It's behaving like the fuel is contaminated but I don't think it's that. After I changed the first Air Mass Meter the car was fine for about 3 weeks & then got worse. With the second Air Mass meter it didn't improve. Any advice welcome as at c£150 each this is proving expensive.

If memory serves me correctly, many moons ago I think Wheelie had problems with his C240 and that turned out to be a blocked fuel injector. You might also want to check that all your spark plugs are all firing too, should be an easy check for the C200.

You are right that the most common cause for running problems is the MAS Air Mass Sensor, seems you have exhausted that avenue though.

*EDIT* I should add, you may get a useful lead if you connect your car up to a STAR Diagnose computer. This should list all fault codes stored in the car's ECU.

S.

Last edited:
My C200 had similar problems. I put some injector cleaner in the petrol tank and the car is now running smoother and starting has improved.

cat check have mot test done on emissions first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom