W202 - should I choose 17" or 18" monoblocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stupot76

Car
C180 W202
Hi All, trying to pick between buying 17" or 18" monoblocks on my W202. Does any one have a pic of a car with both sizes on so I can see how it will sit?

Thanks in advance....

Hi All, trying to pick between buying 17" or 18" monoblocks on my W202. Does any one have a pic of a car with both sizes on so I can see how it will sit?

Thanks in advance....
Hi,

I'm running my 1999 C230K on staggered 18's. Please see my avatar photo.

Have fitted coil overs so she runs nice and low. However, these wheels do sit a little proud of the wheel arches at the rear (spaces fitted to allow for good clearance) so also fitted original C43 rubber wheel arch trims to take account of this.

Regards

Andrew

18 look sublime but stiffen the ride considerably, I have 17 on all my Amg w202.

Hi,

I'm running my 1999 C230K on staggered 18's. Please see my avatar photo.

Have fitted coil overs so she runs nice and low. However, these wheels do sit a little proud of the wheel arches at the rear (spaces fitted to allow for good clearance) so also fitted original C43 rubber wheel arch trims to take account of this.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, the car looks sharp! Appreciate the comment

Hi,
Had both 17" and 18" on my 202 c43, I much preferred the ride and handling characteristics with 18"s on it, and it looked subtly much better IMO.
Do remember the 202 chassis never had 18"s fitted as standard or even as an option so when I fitted mine I had to fettle the front arches to clear the tyres, albeit only slightly.
If you go for the 18"s do make sure you get the correct size tyres, though I used E55 210 wheels you have to go for one size smaller tyres than the E class has fitted.

Hi I have a set of 17 monoblocks staggered but could do with refurb of a c43 amg good tyres but need refurb stew

18 look sublime but stiffen the ride considerably, I have 17 on all my Amg w202.
What tyre set up do you use thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom