W202 Sills, any suggestions??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
I am trying (unsuccessfully) to try and source some replacement sills for my new project, a W202 C43.
I have contacted MB who state, unfortunately they are a discontinued part. I have found one seller on the bay of dreams who sells aftermarket panels/sills. Whilst I wouldn't fit an aftermarket panel such as a wing (due to fitment issues on everything I have read), would aftermarket sills be any different?
Does anyone know or can recommend anywhere I can purchase a set from, or at the very least the drivers side one.

Hi thank you for the suggestions. I did manage to find some non OEM ones like I had stated, just wasn't sure on how good the fitment/alignment would be as it not being OEM as everything j have read on aftermarket panels suggests they are not worth the hassle as the fitment os generally poor and what you save in purchase costs over a OEM panel, is eaten up in labour costs by the body shop trying to get it to fit!
Therefore I would ideally like an OEM sill, but as MB have discontinued them, am struggling to find a set, so may have no choice but to purchase aftermarket ones.

How bad are your own, can we see? (Photos)

Some (not all) aftermarket are that bad..they may require a little fettling but it may be better than what you have at present.. a good bodyshop can usually (and I say usually) make a good job of them so that you would never know, plus paint hides all remember? so either you wait until a set appears (Rocking horse doo doo) OR ....bite the bullet.. keep an eye out on the continent though.. I've just bought a Merc Turbo Inlet pipe that over here costs £342, and I'm paying £169 all in to get the same pipe from the continent.. just a thought...

Haven't got any photos just yet, but the drivers one is completely shot and has literally crumbled away! The passenger one is salvageable, as its only the from where it meets the arch is showing signs of rust, but as I am restoring it, I thought I may as well replace them both.
Thanks for the input, I will get looking on the continent. :)

If it's a face lift model then the sills are hidden.

Just repaired my 210's OSF jacking point. I used to have a 202 and the sills look identical (but 210's are obviously longer) so maybe you could use a 'cut-and-shut' 210 OEM sill ... if they're easier to find?

Hi,
When I had the sills replaced on my 43 2011-2012 we had difficulty getting replacements, the guy I used in the end bought aftermarket ones, as he was a coachbuilder fettling them to fit correctly wasn't an issue, especially as other parts in this area would have to be fabricated anyway (parts of the jacking points and the outer sill ends closing panels.
EuroMerc has had 3-4 gen 202 outer sills but only one side.
You do know the outer sill consists of the lower door shuts as well.
Have you seen the thread where I replaced mine loads of pics will give you an idea of what is involved, I would put a link to it but cant find it at the minute.

Andy, thanks very much for the info. I will have a search.

Part nos are

A2026370135 LH side member

A2026370235 RH side member

Listed at £328 if available.--- That's a fair bit of panelbeating /fettling ?

as opposed to HADRIAN [possibly Klockkerholm?] @ £70 !

Perchased a replacment for one of my c43s from euro car parts £48 trade, also had to get the inner floor repaired as it had gone all the way through, so pull up the carpets if you haven't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom