W202 Ski Hatch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
OK, hoping someone with a late model W202 with folding rear seats can help me here.

Maybe you know or have a Haynes manual that can...........

This is what I am talking about. The panel is behind the rear armrest and the boot. It looks like it can be removed, I can see two screws at the top (just) but when removed the panel is still very solidly in place.

skihatch2.jpg

skihatch.jpg

skiscrews.jpg

I'm, hoping that unlike earlier w202's this can just come out. I would have thought there was an option to have a hinged Ski hatch there, but I just want it out as it is not my Ski's I want to use it for.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Koolvin
can be removed!!

Was pretty sure of that, but are there other screws I can't see or what??

yeah 2 screws then slots in. (only know this as I have that panel here under my desk!) dunno why I got it? never used it - LOL

Problem solved BTW.

skihole.jpg

wish i had a ski hatch, could have had my ports firing into the car then! oh well!

Originally posted by Alps
wish i had a ski hatch, could have had my ports firing into the car then! oh well!

make one

yep,,removed mine and the ski bag and ive got my nice Sony Sub poking through now firing bass into the car

Originally posted by pbaron
yep,,removed mine and the ski bag and ive got my nice Sony Sub poking through now firing bass into the car

Exactley why mine is removed - but I found the sound from my ported sub was better when located at the rear of the boot - not right by the back seat.................

Originally posted by pbaron

do you have folding seats?

I always thought MB saloons had the fuel tank behind the rear seat. I know it is on mine, that way its not in the rear crumple zone.

Originally posted by Paul
I always thought MB saloons had the fuel tank behind the rear seat. I know it is on mine, that way its not in the rear crumple zone.

Yeah we removed the fuel tank to make way for the BASS speakers LOL.

Aparently not on the W202. Interesting though.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Yeah we removed the fuel tank to make way for the BASS speakers

If this was Koolvins posting I would believe it :D .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom