W202 Smart key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Feeble

Car
C43 AMG
I am after a key for my C43. I damaged the original key when I tried to remove the batteries. I will pay good money for a three button smart key. The better the condition, the better the price! What have you got? :)

You will need to find one exactly the same as you have already got, as you will have to remove the circuit board in your existing and fit it in the new one.
Apparently you can remove a certain component on your keys PCB, and fit it to another key but it can be very fiddly and as the components are surface mounted and if soldered wrong can destroy it.
You could try e-bay for a key.
Be aware that you cannot recode a second hand key to your car.

I had a look at that site, and it seems expensive to say the least...

I am really just after a used key that I can replace the pcb with. I don't want to upgrade the key Andy, just after a key shell really, in nice condition.

I wonder if scrap yards keep hold of them, or just sell them on eBay.... £20 seems to be the going rate, but the ones on offer currently look pretty well worn...

I have seen a YouTube video on how to replace the pcb, and it seems pretty straight forward....

I had a look at that site, and it seems expensive to say the least...

I am really just after a used key that I can replace the pcb with. I don't want to upgrade the key Andy, just after a key shell really, in nice condition.

I wonder if scrap yards keep hold of them, or just sell them on eBay.... £20 seems to be the going rate, but the ones on offer currently look pretty well worn...

Give Silverlake a ring,not too far from you,they will have one or a box full.:D

All communication is visual, do you see, is the key Type A or Type B?

attachment.php

Dec

No not at all, but not every one might be aware of the two different types, a picture says it all.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom