w202 speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Only me

Hi folks,

Only been here a while but.... thanks to this forum I have now sorted out a head unit speed pulse wire problem on my w202, installed some cool puddle lights, fitted a full bonnet liner and have today ordered the official pedals, so thanks to all for all the info.
My local stealership parts man was most impressed when I marched in with all the part numbers to hand.

During the installation of my puddle lights I took advantage of the opportunity to do some sound deadening in the doors and slightly modified the speaker mount thingies to free the speaker cables that are wrapped round the speaker magnets so I can easily remove and replace the speakers later without having to remove the door cards - on the front doors at least!

My question really is - does anyone know how the original speakers are wired up? I have the usual (non Bose) tweeters / front door speakers, rear door fill ones and the factory "subs" :( in the parcel shelf (facelift w202).

Are the rear door speakers and subs 8ohm jobbies connected in parallel to give a 4 ohm total load? Or are they both 2 ohms - but in series?
Are they all 4 ohms wired in some other cunning way?

Are the fronts and tweeters in parallel with a rudimentary crossover (capacitor) in line with the tweeter, or is there a "real" crossover hidden away somewhere?

I intend to sort out the fronts first with some decent 16.5cm components (probably make some MDF mounts for the doors as I am pretty good with a router!) (I am not after a tooth rattling monster ICE install here - just want to improve a bit on the stock sound system which is stunningly mediocre!)

I want to sort out the rear end later - so I am trying to gather the info so I can formulate yet another one of my cunning plans..........;)

Any help would be great - detailed knowledge would be fantastic!!!

I am assuming that someone on here has been there / done all this before at sometime!!!

Cheers! :D

GB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom