W202 sport interior transfer (cloth to Leather)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ollie80

Car
Mercedes W202 Series
Hi Guys,

I love my W202 sport but still dont rave about the black Aztec cloth seats :crazy:, even though they are in great condition I feel they let the car down a bit.

If I were to buy a ratty w202 sport doner car with leather interior - how easy is it to swap over? My W202 was registered in 2000 if I found a doner say from `97 would all the fittings be the same??

.... or is this a real stupid idea. :doh:

Cheers

Ollie

Depends on if your donor car is pre or post facelift. If your donor car has the more aggressive bumpers and sideskirts then the interior will fit. If it has the more rounded bumpers of a pre-facelift then the interior will pre-date the car and make it look older.

The actual interior swap is very simple to do if you take your time. The clips that hold the door cards in place are fiddly and can break but they are available from the stealer should you break any. The front seats are held in place by four bolts (2 front 2 rear). The rear seat is held in place by three bolts and some brackets which hold it into the car. Ideally the car should have manual seats, electric seats can be installed but is a royal pain in the @rse to do......

Hope this helps a little.

Hi thanks for reply!

Yes all manual seats so no wiring.

The doner I was thinking is more or less identical.. its a 1997, its got the more "aggressive" bumpers.

Yeah thats was going to be my next questiuon regarding the door cards - will be careful with them.

Thanks for your help!

Ollie

If you have a haynes manual then it's pretty comprehensive. You need to be particularly careful in removing the front doorcards as the donor car will have airbags.

Haynes manual next on the ebay list of things to buy!

Hi,
Ensure your seat and the replacement passenger seat have the same occupancy sensor fitted to it, otherwise you will need to swap them over.
If the 97 car has the same style door cards and has air bags in the doors then they should just be a straight swap to your 2000 model.
Also make sure the rear seats are the same i.e. whether there 60/40 split or non-folding, as they not easily interchangable if at all.

should be easy if you have right donor car

and i would change carpet also to match if needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom