W202 Spring Pads/Coil Shims - PLEASE HELP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbachetta

Car
Mercedes Benz W202 C-Class Sport
Hi,

I recently bought a set of H&R Springs for my W202 C200 Sport.

After reading more into it, im worries i wont get a noticeable drop and came on to the subject of the above mentioned.

Does any one know where or how i can find the size (MM) of what is on my car now, without having to get it jacked up ect by a garage?

Count the bumps on the lower edge? Google 'mercedes spring pad system' and look at the images. One bump = thinnest pad, four bumps = thickest pad.

On the CLS the springs used ,and the thickness of the shims, depends on the options fitted to the car . More (heavier) options means thicker shims , there is a sheet on the EPC that show how this is worked out via a points system.

I think there is around 15mm from the thickest to the thinest shim.

Kenny

165137d1204342987-more-lowering-questions-spring-20pads.jpg

Technically the pads will have very little effect on the spring rate/load bearing as this taken care of by the rating of the spring itself. Their main function is adjustment /levelling of the ride height which admittedly is partly influenced by the options fitted / weight of the car.

Hi gents,

I found out that my W202 C200 Sport uses a 13mm thick pad/shim. Part number below,
201 321 10 84 #2 (13mm) Front
201 325 10 44 #2 (13mm) Rear

After finding that out, I ordered the following,
201 321 09 84 #1 (8mm) Front
201 325 09 44 #1 (8mm) Rear

These should be here Tuesday so will have it all fitted then and will post pictures of the result. Thanks to all who commented.

So after the long wait for the parts to come, and also my new shims, they were eventually firtted. Grober, i have to disagree with your earlier post about the shims having very little effect, with a 9mm shim on the rear, that sank it however when i fitted the 13mm ones back onthe rear, it sat perfectly with the new spring and leveled out the car. on the fronts i have used the 9mm. The results are below,

o9fln4.jpg

Grober, i have to disagree with your earlier post about the shims having very little effect, with a 9mm shim on the rear, that sank it however when i fitted the 13mm ones back onthe rear, it sat perfectly with the new spring and leveled out the car.

Hello mate

I think what Grober was saying is that the shims do not change the spring rate (stiffness) of the coil spring. The shims are basically ride height adjusters

mazza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom