W202 steel carter plate (underbody plate)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
is they don't come with it, just the 4 bolts. Does a steel one exist? Mine is just plastic?

yep steel ones do exist, there is a mounting kit you get for it.

There is a huge bracket, some washers, bolts and of course the plate itself. I had one fitted to my previous W202 :)

you need the following:

Steel Carter Plate
Article Number: 202 524 0001
202 520 0133 Mounting Support
201 990 0204 Bolt for mounting steel plate & support (6x needed)
201 990 0991 Mutter for mounting steel plate & support (6x needed)
202 524 0485 Isolation for steel carter plate (diesels only)
124 987 0740 Fixation Material Isolation (2x needed)
201 988 0381 Fixation Material Isolation (4x needed)
201 988 0481 Fixation Material Isolation (4x needed)

This isn't cheap. It will run you around $300.

If you want your car to maintain its handing and ride add a new set of shockers and front springs to that list because that plate is HEAVY and your suspension will need recalibrating. the car will use more fuel also. Despite the dire state of UK roads unless you are planning to drive on 3rd world quality unmetalled roads / offroad its simply not worth the expenditure imho.

Well, if someone is offering it to you for 85 pounds and if it is indeed oem, I would buy it right away. Yes it is heavy... but the added weight will not affect the gas mileage to a noticeable extent. I don't have the steel carter plate myself, but having a heavy duty protective shield under your engine is a great peice of mind for me.

I have the steel plate under my engine. Considering the number of scrapes etc on it I think I'd rather have it there than the same on the sump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom