W202 sunroof control is messed up

kostasfxr

Car
C 180 W 2020
Hello everyone,

I have recently had a paint work on my w202 C180 and I noticed that the sunroof control button is messed up. Is it possible that the installation was done wrongly? The repair shop did not touch the connectors as far as I remember but here are the symptoms:

-when I push back the control button, towards the boot, the sunroof opens properly (nothing weird here)
-when I push the button up, the sunroof opens upwards at around 70%
-when I push the button forward, towards the hood, the sunroof opens upwards completely (either from being completely closed or further from the 70% after I open it by pressing the button up as per previous point)
- when I press the button down it does nothing. When the sunroof is open the mechanism sounds instantly but it does not close.
- when I turn the key in the door lock rightwards and keep it for a second attempting to lock the car, the sunroof opens up.

I cannot think of anything else apart from possible wires or mechanisms installed wrongly. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Kostas

Dodipops

Car
C63
Try holding the button in each position for 5 seconds, ie hold forward when completely closed then hold it back when fully open for 5 seconds, then up for 5 then down for 5.

OP
OP
kostasfxr

kostasfxr

Car
C 180 W 2020
Try holding the button in each position for 5 seconds, ie hold forward when completely closed then hold it back when fully open for 5 seconds, then up for 5 then down for 5.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I am going to try now :)

OP
OP
kostasfxr

kostasfxr

Car
C 180 W 2020
Nothing has changed :/ but thanks for the suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom