W202 sunroof control is messed up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kostasfxr

Car
C 180 W 2020
Hello everyone,

I have recently had a paint work on my w202 C180 and I noticed that the sunroof control button is messed up. Is it possible that the installation was done wrongly? The repair shop did not touch the connectors as far as I remember but here are the symptoms:

-when I push back the control button, towards the boot, the sunroof opens properly (nothing weird here)
-when I push the button up, the sunroof opens upwards at around 70%
-when I push the button forward, towards the hood, the sunroof opens upwards completely (either from being completely closed or further from the 70% after I open it by pressing the button up as per previous point)
- when I press the button down it does nothing. When the sunroof is open the mechanism sounds instantly but it does not close.
- when I turn the key in the door lock rightwards and keep it for a second attempting to lock the car, the sunroof opens up.

I cannot think of anything else apart from possible wires or mechanisms installed wrongly. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Kostas

Try holding the button in each position for 5 seconds, ie hold forward when completely closed then hold it back when fully open for 5 seconds, then up for 5 then down for 5.

Try holding the button in each position for 5 seconds, ie hold forward when completely closed then hold it back when fully open for 5 seconds, then up for 5 then down for 5.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I am going to try now :)

Nothing has changed :/ but thanks for the suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom