W202 Tappets Help Please Newbie ;)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well like I said, I have had this car quite sometime and I love it, it starts first time everytime, not throttle, the only problems in the past have been the battery, which set me back £107, 2 new back Springs £58 each, and just the other general ware and tare stuff. I will never sell it, for any amount of money and I vowed that if I won the lottery (Fat Chance) I would take it to MB and have it stripped down and rebuilt with new parts where required. sad person that I am.

Well like I said, I have had this car quite sometime and I love it, it starts first time everytime, not throttle, the only problems in the past have been the battery, which set me back £107, 2 new back Springs £58 each, and just the other general ware and tare stuff. I will never sell it, for any amount of money and I vowed that if I won the lottery (Fat Chance) I would take it to MB and have it stripped down and rebuilt with new parts where required. sad person that I am.

Fair play mate :thumb:

Wynns Engine Flush or Forte Engine flush should do the trick.

I've flushed many an old rover engines with hydraulic tappets both with flushing oil - drain your oil, fill with about 5L of flushing oil and follow the directions on the tub, then drain, replace oil filter and fill with regular - and flushing additive (always wynns or Forte) - just add to oil, follow directions then drain and change filter and fill with regular.

Never caused any damage to any i've used it on. Fingers crossed it'll work for you :thumb:

Forte Top End Treatment is what you should try. Plenty of it on eBay or quick Google search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom