w202 turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paranoid

Car
c250td & 190 2.5d
ive got to change my turbo on my om605 engine.can it be done without removing the manifold or is it easier to take off as 1 complete unit.thanks.

I'm watching this with interest as my previously silent OM605 turbo started whistling a few months ago & is getting progressively more whistley. Now it's quite loud & beginning to annoy me. Ian at Star Motors suggested I've lost a portion of one of the vanes & it'll eventually fail as more bits break off or the unbalancing kills it.

Someone else suggested I try putting turbo cleaner (which I'd never heard of) through the system to see if it dislodges something which may have entered the system.

I imagine I'll have to replace it so I've looked at a few YouTube vids, which lead me to believe a turbo change is pretty straightforward (guffaws!). Three bolts & two oil lines seem to be it.

paranoid, where did you find a replacement turbo?

Last edited:
i bought a second hand one locally from facebook.couldn't believe it.looked ok but i sent it away to midland turbo for a refub .told me it was worn ,so they have changed all the worn parts.my old one is passing oil .they seem to be a hard turbo to find

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom