W202 tweeters on back doors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c200Kompressor

Car
Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-I and C200 kompressor
Hello! As anyone put some tweeters on the back doors? It's difficult? I want to stay with the factory speakers just wanto to put some tweeters like the Passat style...

Hello! As anyone put some tweeters on the back doors? It's difficult? I want to stay with the factory speakers just wanto to put some tweeters like the Passat style...

The best thing you can do is get rid of the factory speakers....they are rubbish.

just stick some 2 ways in the back doors and your done! If you REALLY want to put tweeters in, then mount them on the A-pillar (head height) not the door.

Agree with what's been said:

OE speakers are rubish and stick with coax in rear. TBH most of the better systems have great speakers up front and non rear, or just some mids for fill.
On my w203 swapped for the IQ line from Rainbow. Great speakers, but a bit expensive.

Please qualify your statement that MB OE speakers are rubbish.

By what repeatable method have you determined that the items are sub-standard?

+1 - 202 MB speakers are rubbish!

they are paper cone speakers which deteriorate after 3 years, and usually are rated at 12w power which most aftermarket headunits will overpower!

In my opinion all OE speakers are sub standard. They are usually weak paper cones with foam surrounds of the weakest kind (not to mention the X-over).

Don't get me wrong they play music, just not even up to the standard audio 20.

Of course this is my opinion only...:D

Not to hijack this, but what is the recommended speakers for a W202 - fronts, rear doors and rear shelf ? - I only ask as I am thinking of upgrading mine.. Ideally not more than £50.00ish per pair....

wleg

spend a little more on the front speakers and buy a component set(seperate bass unit and tweeter) for the rear, if you arent planning to run any subs, then a good 6" speaker 2 or 3-way) on the rear shelf. If you d oplan to run a sub, then a 2 way in the rear door should suffice.

for mid price range speakers, Alpine or Pioneer are pretty good, you will get some good deals online too.

Are there any particular reasons why you want tweeters in the back?

Yes! Because on the back i just "feel" the woofer. The sound is rubish...

A better quality 2-way coaxial speaker will improve the sound more than enough for the back. I am of the strong opinion that individual tweeters/component speakrers are wasted in the back doors of cars.

After all, how much do you sit back there?

Ya thanks. But the problem is that the passengers on the back the "start" to feel the difference. I have friendes with vw passat van and the I can notice a big difference on the back. Buy the way I found some crossover boxes here at home. What woofer/tweeter do you guys recomende?

Hi,
Regarding the first link, IIRC you will need adapter rings for these speakers, I would be a bit concerned fitting them as the profile of the centre of the speaker may foul the standard 202 cover when fitted.
When I had my components fitted, they fitted the front tweeters on the trim panel behind the door mirror, leaving the standard ones in place just dissconnected, as they said this was a better position for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom