w202 v8 conversion help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrishull

Car
c240 w202
hi everyone

i have a 1997 c240 and im wanting to swap a e55/s55 m113.980 (or similar) into it. has anyone got a definitive list of what is needed?

i dont fancy buying a complete car for the swap due to cost.

im hoping someone on here has already done the conversion and could help.

also guessing i will need to change diff?

thanks in advance

Hi, give the young gents @ PCS a ring, they have performed a number of these conversions.

Matt

Buying an original C43 is a better option; easier, cheaper and has a residual value.
We like projects, though...

As the W202 had an AMG V8 fitted you have the perfect donor car in the C43. As said it would be highly advisable to either upgrade a C43 or buy a donor vehicle because the parts you'll need will quickly add up and become expensive if buying from separate sources; ask me how I know, I've converted from a 280 to a 55 in my R129 which uses essentially the same drivetrain. You'll also need to consider the electronics and integrating a V8 loom into a V6 loom and then there's virginising and coding a C43 ECU to the car.

Here's a good start to read although it's a C43 to C55 it gives a good idea of what's involved:

C43/CLK55 Conversion

I wasn't aware of how much work was involved. I was thinking I could of got everything I needed from an old e55 or something alike. Nevermind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom