W202 Water inside doors...

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Feeble, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Feeble

Feeble Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Another day, another problem...

I've installed a pair of mid range 16.5 speakers in the front doors, using the correct spacers. Had to hack away a bit of the grille behind the speakers to get them to fit, but the windows still operate correctly as they don't protrude too much.

Just been out to look at putting the door cards back on after mounting the crossovers inside the door cards. Took the speaker off of its spacer to connect it up and the magnet has a lot of water on it.

Firstly I'm wondering if it's normal for water to be inside the door? The seals all look normal and undamaged.

Secondly, realistically, is this going to be a problem for the speakers? There doesn't appear to be any moisture on anything other than the magnet...

What should I do..?

2. optimusprime

optimusprime Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes W124 260E M103
    It is normal for water to drip down inside the door cavity .I would try and spread a piece o polythene over the hole that you made in the door card before you push the plastic shroud in for the speaker .

3. fifermerc

fifermerc Member

Car:
    E350
    Yep, normal enough for water to get inside your doors. You'll probably find drain holes on them.

4. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Feeble Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Thanks guys. I'll try and make something to keep the worst of the moisture off of the speakers!