w202: what part of my suspension is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

quarryman

Car
W202 C180
drivers side. It's driving me nuts at squeaks every time I go over a speed bump:

SJZMvVh.jpg

Thanks. Easy enough to change?
Yep easy enough- try giving them a bit of lubrication first tho --- e.g Halfords | 3-IN-ONE with added PTFE Aerosol 250ml

there are 4 bushes 2 where the bar attaches to each suspension arm and 2 one on each of the supporting brackets
other possibility is that one of the support brackets is broken- quite a frequent occurence

Yep easy enough- try giving them a bit of lubrication first tho --- e.g Halfords | 3-IN-ONE with added PTFE Aerosol 250ml

there are 4 bushes 2 where the bar attaches to each suspension arm and 2 one on each of the supporting brackets
other possibility is that one of the support brackets is broken- quite a frequent occurence

You can try to lubricate these but when I did this on my first 202 it just made the suspension clonk instead of curing the problem. Real answer might be to change the bushes !

Yep i actually put some wd40 on it initially but it only lasted a day before it went back to squeaking.

You will likely find the latest bushes from Mercedes parts dept will have the special liner inside, and does not need lubricating.

The bolt should only be done up to lightly, so AR bar car turn/slide inside bushes which are in a fixed position.

On my 95 124 similar chassis the max torque for those bolts is only 20 Nm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom