W202 - which breaks please??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theonewhosmokes

Car
Mercedes Benz C240 Sport W202
Hello!

I have a 1999 C240 Sport autoatic and the break warning light has appeared on the dashboard.

I've found a website that will deliver the break discs and pads to me, but I'm not sure which I need to purchase.:wallbash:

It's asking for pins for th sensors and I was wondering if any of you knew which ones I need to order please?

Thanks very much in advance

Paul :thumb:

BRAKES.

Anyway. You will need just the pads, unless you are aware that the discs need replacing too...are you?

I am not aware that the discs need replacing to be honest. All I know is thatthe light has come on on the dash lol

Thanks for your help :)

Thank you gurpz :)

Will I need to replace all four pads do you think?

You will need to look, If i remember correctly only the front pads have sensors on the 202, well, mine did!

So it will definately be the fronts, have a look at the rears, if they look low, get them too.

Remember to get new sensors too, very cheap if using euro parts, and as above get ATE pads, they are very good and a good price for what they are. Dont scrimp on brakes!!

Measure the discs as ther is a min value for the thickness.

Pagid pads from Euro are OE quality.

Thanks :) I didn't intend to scrimp as I do want the car to stop lol

I didn't know I had to order the sensors seperatly. I'll look for them now.

I think I'll get all four pads as my uncle in law is going to replace them for me as he's a trained mechanic only doesn't have time to check them. So I'll order the whole lot :)

Thanks for your help :)

If it's like my C280, there'll be 2 sensors on the front.

yes all w202 only have front brake sensors

dont forget to use some copper grease on back of new pads to stop the squeak if any

ATE are factory fitted pads when car was new and they also do discs and calipers but you only need pads and new sensors unless discs are badly groved or pitted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom