W202 Wierd Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BilalSheikh

Car
E250 Cdi BlueEfficiency Sport - W212
Hi guys,

I have tried my best to search through the previous posts for the same problem but didnt find neither an exact match nor a solution to this problem.

The problem which i am facing is that when i lock or unlock the car through the fob key, the size lights dont flash but the central locking works perfectly fine. This problem started last night.

Any ideas?

Background

I had to clean the cluster as the speedometer was sticking so i had removed the battery terminal and did the necessary works a week ago.

I had a spill of brake oil in the boot three days ago.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. The year of the car is 1995.

Hi guys,

I have tried my best to search through the previous posts for the same problem but didnt find neither an exact match nor a solution to this problem.

The problem which i am facing is that when i lock or unlock the car through the fob key, the size lights dont flash but the central locking works perfectly fine. This problem started last night.

Any ideas?

Background

I had to clean the cluster as the speedometer was sticking so i had removed the battery terminal and did the necessary works a week ago.

I had a spill of brake oil in the boot three days ago.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. The year of the car is 1995.

Do you see the alarm lights flashing below the mirror?

Yes when i unlock the green light flashes and when i lock the car the red light flashes under the mirror as it would do normally.

As far as the batteries for the FOB are concerned i changed them last month. The fob even works from 10 meters away when pointed at the rear view mirror.

Update: I disconnected the battery terminal for 30 minutes last night with the hope that it will sort the problem out. Indeed it did but only for the night.

This morning i found that it had given up on me again.:(

I have repeated the same and results have been the same. The irony is that all the threads that i have found about this problem have no resolution or update from the person who had the problem in the first place.

Example: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26621

Last edited:
Tricky one.......

The MBSS alarm control unit could be at fault. The relay which controls the indicators also maybe faulty (found in the left fuse box). Otherwise I am stumped.

Thanks for that. Well i did have indicators die on me occasionally but that usually was sorted within a couple of minutes of the car running or after i turned the car off and then started it again. But it hasent happened for the last month or so.

I did check weather it was only the indicators by first locking the car while sitting inside. Then openeing the doors from inside and the alarm didnt sound.

The problem could be due to weak fob batteries. If you have replaced the batteries recently with non-origial Mercedes batteries, it may not last for a week or so. Try replacing the batteries with Mer original.

The problem could be due to weak fob batteries. If you have replaced the batteries recently with non-origial Mercedes batteries, it may not last for a week or so. Try replacing the batteries with Mer original.

I have tried that and it didnt sort the problem out :crazy:

As there was a mention i though i might as well ask about another problem as well. The indicators die on me all of a sudden some times when driving and if i have the wiper on intermittent mode that stops as well and everything resumes automatically after a couple of minutes or me switching off the car and switching it back on.

Vipers dont stop if they are in position 2 or 3 which is slow or fast even though if the indicators die. This could be a hazard if driving though busy towns which i do. Please advice.

I believe this is a combination relay, if you search there are one or two threads about this.

Thanks for that but what about the original alarm problem i havent found a solution yet. I tried looking under the bonnet and there is no alarm unit there. Will try and find the control box under the passenger footwell over the weekend though.

Definitely Wierd But Sorted!!

Just a quick update i had a look under the footwell and after undoing the steel grill found out there was no alarm master unit there. So being frutstrated i thought i will try my luck by doing a complete reset. When i took the terminal off i saw the fuse box next to the battery and thought i will check it once more. The fuses in there were all fine but then i noticed there was a fuse missing and that was for the alarm and fob. To my knowledge there are two fuses for the same thing in the front of the car as well.
How did the fuse go missing is a mystery but i inserted a new one and it has been working fine from then onwards. How Wierd!! :rolleyes:

Sorry for the trouble guys!!

Guess what!!

It stopped working again today :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom