W202 Window/Mirror faults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richarp

Car
s350 W222
W220 Window/Mirror faults

Hi Guys.
Bought a S500 (02 plate) last week and are having problems with a couple of things.
Had the car to MB who confirm the faults are genuine but need to have the car back to fully diagnose said faults (they suggested door control unit faults).
Problem 1:- (GLOBAL LOCKING) Windows wont close or open using the lock/unlock function of both key fobs by holding the buttons as reqd.
Problem 2:- When selecting reverse (with the N.S. mirror selected in the door) the mirror doesn't fold down to see the kerb.
As above MB have confirmed to two problems but I dont want to break the bank first having the problems diagnosed properly and second being stung for parts including fitting.
Any advice from you smart people would be gratefully accepted.
Regards Pat

Last edited:
First of all - assume you don't mean W202 ... !

Problem 1 : Are you pointing the keyfob at the drivers door handle (at fairly close range), or just holding down the lock / unlock buttons .. there's a safety feature on this whereby you have to be pointing it at the door in order to do the window trick - pretty sure this is the same for all models. If MB are saying that there's a problem, then assume this has been tried (!) but you never know.

Problem 2 : Can't help - sorry.

Hope you get it sorted.

S.

Sorry SYM I did mean a W220 and Yes I am pointing the fob right up to the door handle. As I said MB have confirmed the faults ( they have had it in their workshop on a diagnostic machine).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom