W202 wing moulding clips... Help me find some!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grey Area

Car
'98 W202 C230K/BMW E46 330i !!
Hi all, need some help finding the above. Think I may have sourced some from ebay, but it says they're not compatible with w202's. However, I'm like 90% sure they're what I'm after. Here's the link.

The other day I was reading a thread and someone posted a link to an ebay shop that seemed to sell pretty much every merc trim clip ever, if someone could point me to that thread, the seller or something similar I'd be very grateful!

Regards

Well well, two experienced w202 owners with two differing opinions... intrigue :D

Sincerely, thanks guys for the speedy responses :thumb:

Just to clarify so I don't order the wrong ones, It's the wing trim where it says 'sport' or 'classic' or whatever.

But it is the trim piece from a C36 Kit, which may have different clips... I'll go get it and have a look...

Thanks again.

Edit: I maybe wrong! sorry!

Found this:

32302_1.jpg

However, it didnt look like that on my W202, do you have a pre-facelift?

Ha! Sorry for the trouble guys... this whole thing could have been avoided if I'd spent less time searching the forum and more time searching the garage... I just found this...
IMG_1502.jpg

@Karl, thanks for the time spent searching. No I don't, it's a '98 c230, so comfortably post facelift, odd that yours had different clips to other peoples. Maybe they were changed by a previous owner?

@JJJ Thanks for the spot on advice, will order some now :thumb: oh, and sorry I missed your friendly hello in your thread the other day, hope the car is well, got much going on with it at the moment? I'm nearing the end of a c36 kit fitting myself, hoping to show it off at the cambridge g2g!

Last edited:
Sorry mate. Should have taken the spare wings as the clips were in them ! The car is a post facelift but the moldings are from the c36 so prefacelift. The clips that actually go in the wings are the same though.

Still not sent the sills off sorry will get done asap

Gonna get some pics up :)

@JJJ Thanks for the spot on advice, will order some now :thumb: oh, and sorry I missed your friendly hello in your thread the other day, hope the car is well, got much going on with it at the moment? I'm nearing the end of a c36 kit fitting myself, hoping to show it off at the cambridge g2g!

Glad you're getting near the end of fitting the kit, looking forward to photos when it completed. What alloys will you be fitting, presuming suitable AMG's?

As for my machine, now AKA the 'Rough, Rough'. I've attended to all the rust spots as one best can while doing it on the cheap. Really, it's just preventative more than anything else (sill skirts off & all wheel liners too) but well worth doing, and in the process made it more respectable. All badges have been removed & the boot spoiler too, may fit my R129/Evo alloys in due course - don't ask, just doing these mod's because I can which usually is a bad reason! :D

Sorry mate. Should have taken the spare wings as the clips were in them ! The car is a post facelift but the moldings are from the c36 so prefacelift. The clips that actually go in the wings are the same though.

Still not sent the sills off sorry will get done asap

Gonna get some pics up :)

@poormans: It's all good man, no rush on the sills... having said that, having them fitted in time for the g2g on the 5th would be sweet! :thumb:

@JJJ, lol 'the rough rough'. Yeah, it's totally worth doing, I was very close to getting the sills done when I had all the trim bits off but it looked beyond a DIY job and I don't really have the money to get it done professionally at the mo. My arches need doing before another winters worth of road salt gets to them, so that's next. I'll post some pics up soon of the c36 kit, but I'm busy getting the old mans CLK prepped for sale, so that's the priority. Got some CLK wheels on there at the mo cos I had them lying around, but I have a weird aversion to the usual monoblocks on silver 202's (I'm just strange that way)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom