w202 wiper blade getting "sticky"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeMerc

Car
Mercedes W202 C180 Elegance
hey all sorry i havent been on in a while, i've recently started having a few problems with my wiper blade starting to get "stiff" in the middle third of the windscreen. i thought at first it might be the actual wiper blade itself but now on looking at that i'm thinking it's the actual arm of the wiper blade that's got the problem. any suggestions as to what i should do? i thought about spraying a bit of WD40 on it and seeing how it goes but in this current weather we're having, i'm a bit skeptical of doing anything!

cheers for any help in advance!

thanks a lot :) now i gotta look for some grease. definately seems to be related to that problem!

When my car did this it was the motor. Pray it's the motor as it's the cheapest part to replace! One day the wiper just came to a stop in the middle of the screen and that was it...

Update: turned out it was the motor that went wrong but Shude... the cheapest?! in total it cost me a staggering 470 odd quid (thats including labour and the price of an apparently new motor, VAT etc.)

but now I've got another problem. Since having the new motor installed, the wiper doesnt seem to function properly. It wont return back to the right like it should. Although i cant complain because it still wipes the whole windscreen, i dont really want to have a wiper sitting at an odd angle in the middle of my windscreen, especially having spent 470 odd quid on it. It's been about a month, maybe a bit longer since i had it done, do you think the garage will refuse to do it since it's been a while?

If the motor was fitted correctly the blade should park a couple of inches from the bottom of screen, driver side, if the garage returned the car to you with the wiper parking (when switched off at the wiper stalk) elsewhere on the screen then the motor and mechanism was not set up correctly.
It’s a complicated mechanism to set up if a garage hasn’t done it before, below is a link on how it should be done.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/bodywork/47456-c-class-180-93-wipers-park-mid-screen.html

Important, before any work is carried out on the mechanism, the new (or old motor) must be parked.
To park the motor it must be switched on for a couple of seconds and then switched off AT THE WIPER STALK and allowed to finish its cycle and come to a stop.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom