W202 with OM605 turbo electronics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_M

Car
Focus TDCI, Scimitar SE5
Hi folks noob here.

Straight off the bat I am going to ask for some advice/knowledge. On Saturday I am going to be removing a 605 turbo for a project I have been working on for years but never finished. Anyway does anybody know what parts of the electronics I need to keep for the conversion into another car? The donor car is a W202 C250 turbo diesel. At first I thought with this being an older engine it wouldn't be too involved only needing the ECU and various sensors. I am starting to doubt that having had a read around the internet though. There seems to be an awful lot of controllers/computers around the car that probably talk to each other. The car is a manual box so no gearbox computer to worry about but what about the rest? Quite happy to even get a link with information as well. A rough idea to where the parts all are would be good as well.

The wiring part is no problem for me as I used to be an electrical engineer. I just don't know anything about these cars or engines so not sure what has to be kept to stop the main ECU freaking out and stopping the show.

While I am at it can anybody recommend a manual for this combination that is available to download. Quite happy to pay for one, just don't want to end up with a load of manuals that are useless to me.

Many thanks for any and all advise here it will be much appreciated.

Mark

Take everything. In fact keep the whole car. Manual box makes it easier

Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom