W202 Xenon Conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
I have just sourced a pair of Genuine OEM xenon headlights for a w202, though i believe the the headlights are a direct exchange with my originals (as the original MB Units have the ballast/ignitor packs fitted on the headlights themselves), but as i want to do the conversion properly i need to know how the headlight auto self levelling system operates on a w202, when fitted with xenons from the factory.
The existing halogen set up is only adjusted manually via a dial adjacent to the light switch, and i always believed the xenons recieved an input from a unit above the diff, and required the diff to be removed to fit it, but i cannot find this unit on the EPC i,m using chassis number from C43's (one with xenons, one without).
Can anyone shed any light on this? (forgive the pun) Any info greatly appreciated.

Hi andy,

I think Shude mya be able to help you. I think he has done this conversion.

That will be great if he has, that will save a lot of searching through the EPC and the net.

Hi,
I have just sourced a pair of Genuine OEM xenon headlights for a w202, though i believe the the headlights are a direct exchange with my originals (as the original MB Units have the ballast/ignitor packs fitted on the headlights themselves), but as i want to do the conversion properly i need to know how the headlight auto self levelling system operates on a w202, when fitted with xenons from the factory.
The existing halogen set up is only adjusted manually via a dial adjacent to the light switch, and i always believed the xenons recieved an input from a unit above the diff, and required the diff to be removed to fit it, but i cannot find this unit on the EPC i,m using chassis number from C43's (one with xenons, one without).
Can anyone shed any light on this? (forgive the pun) Any info greatly appreciated.
Hi Andy I have brought your old c43 c55 conversation you done would love to have a chat with you about the car

Hi
Cant message you as you have to have minimum amount of posts before it is activated

My C class is a S203 and the self level switch on the rear axle is easily accessible , not sure if yours would be much different. Then there is the need (or no need ?) for headlamp wash to pass MOT. As I understand it some earlier cars with Xenons did not have wash because they were of lower power rating , so technically speaking if the donor car did not have headlamp wash it was not required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom