W202 Xenon Conversion

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by andy27168, Oct 31, 2008.

1. andy27168

andy27168 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
    Hi,
    I have just sourced a pair of Genuine OEM xenon headlights for a w202, though i believe the the headlights are a direct exchange with my originals (as the original MB Units have the ballast/ignitor packs fitted on the headlights themselves), but as i want to do the conversion properly i need to know how the headlight auto self levelling system operates on a w202, when fitted with xenons from the factory.
    The existing halogen set up is only adjusted manually via a dial adjacent to the light switch, and i always believed the xenons recieved an input from a unit above the diff, and required the diff to be removed to fit it, but i cannot find this unit on the EPC i,m using chassis number from C43's (one with xenons, one without).
    Can anyone shed any light on this? (forgive the pun) Any info greatly appreciated.

2. vijilants

vijilants Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C320CDI Sport W204
    Hi andy,

I think Shude mya be able to help you. I think he has done this conversion.

3. OP
    OP
    andy27168

andy27168 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
    That will be great if he has, that will save a lot of searching through the EPC and the net.