W203 07 wiper arm passenger side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc07

Car
C350cdi & C220cdi
One of the linkage bars has come off - guess there was a bearing in there... Hopefully it has just blown a fuse and not the motor - will have a look tomoz.

Anyone know the Merc cost, can't find anything on eBay..

One of the linkage bars has come off - guess there was a bearing in there... Hopefully it has just blown a fuse and not the motor - will have a look tomoz.

Anyone know the Merc cost, can't find anything on eBay..
Looks like the bearing fell apart.
The left arm released easy, how does the main arm release from the mech after removing the nut or does it all have to come out. ?

Attachments

• 20210410_091036.jpg
    20210410_091036.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210410_091017.jpg
    20210410_091017.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 6
Looks like the bearing fell apart.
The left arm released easy, how does the main arm release from the mech after removing the nut or does it all have to come out. ?
Never mind, sorted it, was just stuck on the spline...Complete arm £115 from Merc, bearing kit £10.99 on eBay..

What a coincidence I just stripped and sprayed up my wiper arms . While I was at it I removed the whole scuttle to ponce it up a bit (with some black stuff in a bottle that I found in my late fathers shed) as it was looking a bit grey after 15 years. I was expecting to find a big mess of leaves , dirt etc under there but it was all in good condition.

grey before.JPG grey before.JPGbefore 2.JPGbefore 4.JPGAncient goop.JPGafter 3.JPGafter 4.JPG

A bit about the black goop I found in the shed . My dad has been gone over 14 years now , he probably bought this because there is a picture of a Rover on the bottle , the very last car he owned :) . I am not one for detailing so I shook the bottle and tested it out on the trim on the wife's Zafira...what could possibly go wrong !? Anyway it looked OK so I used it on my car. for someone who is not a great fan of lotions and potions for cars the result was acceptable and the job killed a few hours .

Yours came up well, think this should have been stripped and lubed a long time ago...I don't drive it, the Mrs uses it for work.
It broke off half way between Oxford and Bristol last night in the rain !

The fuse and motor are ok, must have just jammed up when they tangled together.

Have ordered the repair kit so will see how that goes when it arrives next week.

Kit arrived today, 1 day from eBay ;)
Fitted in about 45 mins, works perfectly.

Kit arrived today, 1 day from eBay ;)
Fitted in about 45 mins, works perfectly.
This was the kit..very helpful seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom