w203 2002 elecric seat not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brens-e200

Car
1990 230E W124, 1992 C124 220E
hi,

a friends 2002 w203 drivers seat electrics are not working . I have verified that the ground and constant 12 volts exist but not the switchable 12 volts. I have verified the fuses and all ok. The passenger side works fine.

I disconnected the loom as far as it would let me and while pulling on the switchable 12v cable could find no physical brake in the cable ( without been too rough on it ) .

My question is is there an easy 12v switchable location I could take a link from and feed it into the connector ( after first splitting the cable )

thanks in advance

brendan

Happened to me a while back and upon investigation found that a cable underneath and associated with the seat was pinched and cut partly through. Quick repair and all has been fine ever since.

update

hi

thought my pal had checked the number 2 fuse in the boot but he had not :Oops: . the fuse was blown and once replaced initially the electric seat worked. then after a few minutes the few went again, so it was replaced one last time and it blew again.

so i obviously have something shorting. i see that there are 2 screws at the bottom of the cover that sits on the back of the seat. Once these are removed how do i remove the cover to inspect the motors which i assume are placed behind it ?

thanks for the help

brendan

fixed

hi

just thought i'd let you know that after removing the rear seat panel i could see fraying down beside the motor ( on the lhs as you look at the front). i removed and re-soldered the connection and all is well.

many thanks

brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom