W203 (2005) Retrofit NTG 2.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MervC

Car
C250 CDI BLUEEFFICIENCY SPORT 4D 202 BHP
Hi,
I have finally become a Marcedes Benz owner! :bannana:
My C220 2.1 CDI Elegance 2005 (W203) is a dream to drive but it came with the standard CD/radio configuration so I purchased a Viseeo MB-3 Bluetooth adaptor which goes in the arm rest and I can play music from my Sony Xperia Z3 and make/receive calls via the steering wheel controls using the already built-in microphone. However, browsing the internet and this site, I have read about retrofitting a Comand NTG 2.5 unit which would add satnav and make the music and phone truly integrated (with better display of options as well).
I understand that these head units are scarce but I am wondering whether if I can get hold of one it would be a direct swap for the unit already in my car or whether additional wiring / kit would be required. There are YouTube videos on swapping over the head unit and it doesn't appear to be too difficult, once you know where the screws are (and you are careful not to lose them in the air vent!) so I might attempt this myself but if anyone has advice or experience of doing this themselves or through a fitting service I would be grateful for your comments, including fitting costs if you went down that route.
Many thanks in advance,
Merv

...and you can also consider theses additional options:

Single-disc, or changer? There are two different models of NTG2.5.

iPod Interface

Linguatronic

TV Tuner

DAB radio

Rearview camera

I appreciate that having all of the above can cost too much for a 2005 car, but these are all available options....

Hi markjay,
Many thanks for replying to my post so quickly.
I have looked at that site before and that is where I got the Viseeo MB-3 from.
It's good to know that it is a highly recommended upgrade that I am thinking of and if I can get it for around the £1,000 mark I will but I am not sure how realistic that is.
I am not too fussed about Linquatronic, DAB, TV tuner options but a rear view camera option?... Sounds like a nice idea (my budget might need to go even higher! LOL).
Thanks again!
Merv

Hi MervC,

I got my NTG2.5 brand new from Alfie and Richard at Comand Online, and can't recommend them enough.

I might be considering to sell the NTG2.5 unit separately before selling the car, but I am not ready to sell the car just yet so this will probably not be useful to you at this time.... I would recommend that you talk to Comand Online and see what they can offer.

Thanks markjay,
I will post an update when I decide what to do (and how it goes afterwards) but if you are thinking of selling your NTG2.5 unit separately in the near future, drop me a line, please! :)
All the best,
Merv

Quick update: I decided to upgrade the car instead of the equipment so I am no longer a W203 owner and have a C250 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport and I could could not be happier!
I am relatively new here so can not post to Classifieds but I do have a Viseeo MB-3+ (just the main unit, no leads) which I am quite happy to send free of charge to anyone with a W203 who needs this. Just drop me a message with an address and I will happily pass it on for the help that this forum gave me
:)

Quick update: I decided to upgrade the car instead of the equipment so I am no longer a W203 owner and have a C250 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport and I could could not be happier!
I am relatively new here so can not post to Classifieds but I do have a Viseeo MB-3+ (just the main unit, no leads) which I am quite happy to send free of charge to anyone with a W203 who needs this. Just drop me a message with an address and I will happily pass it on for the help that this forum gave me
:)

...so do you have COMAND on the C250? ;)

I do indeed, markjay :)

I think it is because I don't have enough posts, sorry! :(
I will have to post more and it's yours, no problem :)

Hey Axelondon,
I tried to message you but your privacy settings seem to prevent me doing that. Can you change your settings to allow messages from members, please?

Hey Axelondon,
I tried to message you but your privacy settings seem to prevent me doing that. Can you change your settings to allow messages from members, please?

Hello mate,

He hasn’t been on forum since July 11th and hasn’t got enough posts to receive Pm :)

If he doesn’t get back to you can I be second please? My sister has just bought a 203 diesel I think this will fit :)

Thanks mate,
Abs

Last edited:
Hi Abs,
Of course - You are second on the list :)
I will give Axelondon a couple of weeks as he's in no rush and he did get in first...
If he and I can't sort something out then I will be in touch with you.
Cheers,
Merv

Hey Abs,
Hope all is well. Looks like this is yours for your sister if you still want it :)

...I'm at 27 posts after this one so might have to do a couple of exchanges here to PM ;)

Hey Abs,
Hope all is well. Looks like this is yours for your sister if you still want it :)

Hi Merv,

I am good thanks, hope you are well too!

Thanks so much for getting back to me :)
My email is: Clk320x @ gmail . Com

(Without the gaps :)) may be easier than pm!

Really appreciate it mate!

Abs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom