W203 2006 Coupe 220 cdi Evo - First Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyzen

Car
C Class 220 Coupe
Hi all

I took the slightly nervous plunge and brought a 2006 220 Coupe Sport Evo.

It has 73k on the clock with a massive gap in service history :(

I love the car and seems to run ok, although the gearbox seems a bit jumpy on gear changes compared to my last car (Audi A4). Not sure if this is a normal behaviour.

Also my first diesel car and not used to the tractor sound yet :0

Also the two tone evo seats - I read they are not leather? Trying to find out.

Got it booked in for a 50% off full service (not sure if I can post the link so I wont, but if anyone wants to know maybe PM me??)

They are also picking it up, so I will ask the driver (hopefully also a mechanic) to get a feel for the car.

I will get some pictures up soon, but mainly I wanted to say hello to everyone and thank jesus for this forum.

Best wishes all

Howdo.

The engine is good and strong but does have a metallic sound on cold starts especially so don't worry. I have the same engine in mine.

Gearbox should not be jumpy, it should be nice and smooth. Get an ATF change done, you can do it yourself if you have the skill - you can get all the bits needed for under 100 quid. In one sense it's no harder than an engine oil change but you need a digital or dipstick thermometer to measure the atf temps. Or an indy should be able to do it for around 200 quid.

If it is the standard seats they may be artico - fake leather made from vinyl. It's hard-wearing and easy to clean. I use autoglym vinyl cleaner.

Does your service include air filter? if not, either get them to do it, or do it yourself. Get a genuine one from mb newcastle on ebay. They are easy to change and can make a MASSIVE difference on mpg.

Welcome Johnny from another newbie also with their first MB

Thanks Yugguy for your advice and will be getting the transmission oil changed asap :)

Now I know the name artico, I can find out more. Thanks for that.

Hey markaz :)

No worries. I'd be interested in that service discount voucher, the missus Yaris is coming due.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom