W203, 220 cdi Knocking Engine/#1 cyl not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kbr

Hi People, I`m new to this forum & I need some help
I have a 55 plate 220 cdi with 162k on the clock, recently the turbo gave out and the car shut down, Im no mug when it comes to fixing anything mechanical but this has now got me beaten.
I changed the turbo, cleaned out the intercooler and the inlet manifold, changed the heater plugs and renewed the hydraulic followers, got it all back together and its got a knock and #1 cyl is not firing correctly, seems to be firing late.
I did a compression test & found low comp on '1 cyl so stripped the head off, did a leak off test found the valves weeping , had the seats refaced and valve stem seals renewed, put it all back together no change.
The injectors are all ok, the high pressure pump is ok, the cams are timed correctly yet #1 cylinder is not working. Any ideas, Help

Looks like the piston has caught the bore, a fault on the CDI engines.

Might look like this.

100320131250.jpg

Thanks, I was hoping it was just an electronic glitch that the Mercs suffered from

Do a leakage test.

Im looking for a garage that will strip the engine and rebore the cylinders fit new rings and rebuild the engine, in the Castleford area. Anyone know of a reliable reasonable company?

Shame your not nearer to me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom