W203 320 petrol Superchips remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chalpkin

Car
2001 C320 Petrol Avantgarde
Hi All,
I've just had my C320 petrol remapped, wow what a difference, I've had turbo cars remapped in the past so I know they make a difference but this is the first time for one of my non-turbo cars so I wasn't expecting to much, but to my surprise the car feels totally different, much more responsive to the throttle and much livelier. Maybe its not giving as much peak power as remaps do to a turbo engine but still worthwhile never the less.
I will be adding some K&N filters to the car in the next few days so hopefully they will add a little bit extra too (just a S/S exhaust to go), can anyone recommend a decent one?:)

How much did you pay if you do not mind my asking?

I'm thinking you would have been better advised to have the remap done after the induction and exhaust mods, to make the best of the improved breathing.
But I'm guessing this was a generic remap, not a bespoke version?

I'm interested too :)

I'm interested too :)

I could be too :D

Interesting, I didn't think non-turbo'd or non-supercharged petrol engines delivered much with a remap?

Hi,
The remap cost £249 and any Superchips franchise can do it, check out their website, as I said my car feels more powerful, that could be down to the improved throttle response, I plan to get the car on a rolling road sometime in the near future as any power increase will be shown.

Hi Russ,
So you have had a M112 3.2 engine remapped by Superchips then?

Superchips claim just 13BHP more and no torque increase so it may be that the perceived performance increase is primarily due to better throttle response as the OP suggests.

Be surprised if any meaningful amount of power has been gained , they quote an increase of 24 bhp for my 430 clk , so an increase of about 7% ?

Would have been interesting to see a before / after dyno plot

If its just down to throttle response , then a secondhand sprintbooster for £50 might have been a better buy ?

Last edited:
Hello lad's,
It's definitely more than just throttle response, although I haven't checked out the top speed, the acceleration is perceptibly improved, especially in the low to mid range, so although Superchips don't claim any torque improvement there is something happening, also there has been a minor improvement in mpg.
Regards Neil.

I'll post a dyno graph of before & after of my 320, when I get home tonight. They start pulling allot better after the remap, the speedo moves allot quicker, that's how I know.

Got to drive one before and after to know.

Hi Russ,
So you have had a M112 3.2 engine remapped by Superchips then?

No, but I know you need forced induction or some other means of supplying more air to the engine to allow any substantial increase in power.

Without a turbo, supercharger or expensive engine mods, a superchip cannot achieve much. Try it for a few months and then take it off, I bet the car feels no different without it.

Russ

No, but I know you need forced induction or some other means of supplying more air to the engine to allow any substantial increase in power.

Without a turbo, supercharger or expensive engine mods, a superchip cannot achieve much. Try it for a few months and then take it off, I bet the car feels no different without it.

Russ

Are you talking from experience?

Because from my experience a decent ECU remap on an NA engine (3.2LV6 in this case) can achieve around 20+HP same with Torque.

No doubt a remap is more effective on a turbo/supercharged car and you can gain allot more but that’s not to say a remap on an N/A engine is pointless, far from it, imo.

CIMG444256.jpg

Also recently had the car dyno'd somewhere else, which pushed 247.7bhp, got the graph somewhere, will dig out it soon.

218 to 245 , that's pretty good Josef

27 bhp increase from a 3.2 , that's more than the increase quoted for the 4.3 !

218 to 245 , that's pretty good Josef

27 bhp increase from a 3.2 , that's more than the increase quoted for the 4.3 !

It pushed 224bhp standard but yeah it's deffo a good increase and you can feel it when you drive the car...

I think you should look into taking your 430 for a decent remap some tuning companys offer money back if your not happy.

Last edited:
are you talking from experience?

Because from my experience a decent ecu remap on an na engine (3.2lv6 in this case) can achieve around 20+hp same with torque.

No doubt a remap is more effective on a turbo/supercharged car and you can gain allot more but that’s not to say a remap on an n/a engine is pointless, far from it, imo.

cimg444256.jpg

also recently had the car dyno'd somewhere else, which pushed 247.7bhp, got the graph somewhere, will dig out it soon.

awesome! Who made your ecu remap? Did you combined it with any other mods?

What could i expect from my C280 V6 112 engine if chipped ???

Code:
awesome! Who made your ecu remap? Did you combined it with any other mods?

Ray @ West-Tuning, just an ECU remap nothing else, it had a new set of K&N air filters at the time but doubt that would of made much difference, if any.

Car is sold now to a forum member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom