w203 aircon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terry@yarmouth

Car
E280 cdi elegance 7g
hello all, air con not working so took it to kwik-fit to have it recharged. £49.00. the chap there said thats all done but it still would not work, he's guessing it needs to be reset on diagnostic ? is this right? is there a way round it ?seems daft to have to pay for a star session to get it working again, when his system says everything is fine now. he was a very helpful chap, fitted me in at a moments notice and as he didnt fix it no charge although he let me have the printout, fully recharged, no leaks etc. so any way round this without resorting to star ?

Yes it will need the code clearing then it should work

Your right, if you had run out of gas the system turns off the zircon and it has to be reset by star.
Saying that if you had run out of gas you probably have a leak in the condenser which the dye will show on the filaments.

condenser replacement, had the same prob.kwik fit useless. will be expensive.look for oil traces on it.

reset can be done with two buttons pressing.google is your friend

thanks for the info,tried google sent me every which way couldnt make any sense of it. went with various suggestions, none worked, guess its gonna be book it into garage and let them sort it hopefully.

I just regassed my system myself this week and when I put the gauge on it registered no pressure at all, ie it was empty, but as I was gassing it once the pressure got to a certain level the aircon pump kicked in and nice ice cold air bar the intermittent blower problem I have and I had no need to reset any codes

I had mine re=gassed the other day as it was blowing mildly cold air. After re-gassing it was blowing 8 Deg from the vents, however today its back to being warm. I guess that I must have a leak and the gas is all gone. I didnt need to get any codes reset it worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom