W203 - Alarm Problem / Fast Flashing Indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wully

Car
2002 W203 C220 CDI Avantgarde SE Auto
I seem to have developed a problem with locking the car over the last few days.

After pressing the fob and waiting say 60 seconds the indicators start flashing really fast and won't stop unless i unlock the car again.

It's driving me insane!

Any ideas?

Thsi is happening more and more now, at present i have to lock the car with the key.

One thing i did notice is that the interior light comes on when the indicators are flashing quickly.

Anyone?

Door closed sensor perhaps?

Sounds like one if the interior lights come on also

Wully, had same problem with my clk, similar parts are used in both w203 and w209.
Turned out to be water ingress/corrosion in the alarm horn located under the front wing, MB replaced unit and now all OK.

Wully, had same problem with my clk, similar parts are used in both w203 and w209.
Turned out to be water ingress/corrosion in the alarm horn located under the front wing, MB replaced unit and now all OK.

Yes I can remember this from other threads now and this does cause that problem

Thanks guys going to have a look tonight.

Right - Update

So far so good, i removed the plastic cover to the rear of the drivers wheel arch and found nothing, started here as that was the position shown in the EPC. Moved to the passenger side and hey presto a very rusty siren!

As soon as i touched the connector the siren sounded, disconnected and reset and so far it has lasted 1 hour without the lights flashing.

Therefore i'm nearly positive i have the problem, will leave it till tomorrow to decide if i purchase a new siren.

In the meantime i had a look on mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk for a price on said unit after checking part numbers on the EPC, heres a laugh:-

A2038203826 - £93.41 ex VAT
However it is shown as being superseded by:-
A1718202526 - £68.74 ex VAT

Chancers or what!

Anyone get any good discount from anywhere?

Hello friendly people,

I just wanted to thank you all knowledgeable people for sharing your knowledge on this. I faced the same problem. Bought the parts from mercdads and got a smaller garage to put it on for me. It looked easy to install but I couldn't do it because the tyre was jammed, didn't have the energy required to loosen the bolts lol

Peace

I've just had teh same problem fixed by a new siren. However the new (superceeded) model goes beeps a few times whilst locking. Can this be silenced?

Isn't that a programmable option? Default is different depending on market, and the spare part may not know which market it is in.

Have a 2001 c180 sports coupe avin prpblems with alarm when locking car with fob alarm sets then shorly after indicater lights flash and interior light comes on , had it checked by merc tech nothing wrong ,now fob will not work av only one key av ordered new one wallet bustin eh hopefully it is old fob and not siren has anybody any answers please its driving me mad .

Will the car lock with the fob?
Will the car unlock with the fob?
Will the car start?
Have the batteries inside the fob been renewed?
Are the buttons damaged on the fob?
When you lock the car, how many seconds pass before the alarm goes off?
Does alarm siren make a sound or is it just flashing hazards?
When you lock the car, how many times do the hazards flash?
Is the car battery good?

Locate and unplug the siren, it won’t cure the fault but it will ease the madness.
You will need to remove the front wheel to access the siren.

Is the car a W202 or a w203?

Dec

Last edited:
My SL350 had the same problem,hazards flashing etc etc,so bought new alarm siren from MB Southend had it fitted and all is ok again,I get 3 beeps when setting and 1 beep to unset and I am happy with that.£85 + vat.Managed to cut open the old siren and the batteries were leaking onto the small board inside so this is what is causing all our alarm problems.

Cheers Dec and 1945wickedred had siren disconnected got fob working again but had to put fob up to door handle, after 3 days fob was working normally bought new siren £84 all in had it fitted yesterday everything greatup to now get the 3 beeps on locking and 1 on opening car its better at least i know its locking now without turning round ,cheers SNIGGY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom