W203 Armrest lid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anil

Car
C200 CDI
I need some help with the armrest lid on my 203. I somehow managed to dislodge the mechanism on the lid (which flips allowing access to the phone cradle).
The buttons on either side do not push in and the lid is only secure by the hinge mechanism at the rear on the driver's side.

Does anyone know how the lid can be removed and fitted correctly? Trying to re-fit it correctly is driving me crazy. I don't want to use too much force in case I break anything. :wallbash:

HELP!

There is a little springy lever that you have to push in while closing the lid ,then be careful of your finger you batter the lid with your palm.(rough but effective)

If I recall correctly, there are chamfers on the pivot pins to help relocate it. It's difficult to explain the procedure but it becomes evident as you do it (after a few failed attempts!)

I had the same problem. All I can say is that after about and hour and a half of going crazy, and buggering about with it, I got really upset and stomped off.

The next morning it worked perfectly.

Perhaps try the stomping off technique?

Yes its a real pain to do but there is a way to do it..

Push the pins in and then hold the button in hard.. this will keep the pin down, then you can slot it in..
It takes a few attempts!

Thanks for the replies guys.
I gave it a go and in the process managed to remove the lid completely!

louisv6 - i even tried the stomping off approach -and took it one step further and went overseas for a few days and came back but still no luck :p

The side buttons seem to be jammed, so it looks like the mechanism is buggered.

Can the lid be taken apart easily to get to the assembly?

As it has been said on here if you know the knack its quite easy but hard to describe.

If you was closer i would of done it for you as it only takes about 5 minutes to do

It doesnt need to be taken apart and the buttons arent jammed. You need someone who has done it before, its just a little fiddly.

Maybe ask the dealer?

Sorted :thumb:
Thanks guys. I just needed a bit more force on those pins!

Have some 'nanas
:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Hi Chaps - o/k, just found (eventually) an easy way of doing this. If the armrest has become completely detached, flip it over and you will see one of the side release operating buttons is slightly further in than the other. Now look at the the little hinged levers that are located towards the rear of the armrest. You need to get them both in the same position i.e same as the lever on the side that corresponds with the slightly depressed side release operating button. You achieve this by pressing the other side release operating button really hard and flipping the corresponding lever into the the correct position. Keeping the button pressed hard, you also need to press the front locating pin on that side in as far as it will go.

Ok, finally locate the armrest onto the back hinge position (as if you were using it to access the storage bin that sits beneath the top tray),. keeping that button still pressed, lower it down into its normal position and apply impact adjustment (give it a whallop) You should then find it will reverts back to normal operation.

Oh, and then get some plasters to repair the damage you did to your finger with the leatherman tool you were trying to use to keep the pins depressed, apply wet wipes to clean the blood off the armrest and make up a story to tell the blokes in the pub about how you really cut your finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom