W203 Ashtray Wiring (Missing Connector)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ericycle

Car
W203 C200 CDI (OM646)
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with the following:

I was trying to connect the ashtray connector when I discovered it's missing and in fact, there are some cut wires, so it appears it was cut off entirely. I'm not certain the cut cables belong to the missing connector, but it seems logical that they are.

I added images of the cables and the connector on the side of the ashtray, as well as the improvised connectors.

The only question now, is which cable goes where, how do I determine that?

The ashtray model number is: A 203 68052 50 / A 203 68047 50, on a 2006 W203 C200 CDI.

Thanks a lot for any assistance.

The cut cables:
q4h7xnb.jpg

The ashtray connector:
Xvk6Oah.jpg

The improvised connectors:
XzHn0Fl.jpg

Firstly, thank you! This is definitely a step in the right direction. But how do I know what's what?

I just have a few wires, and I have no idea what they belong to. Can anyone offer practical advise on how to proceed from this point?

When I try to view the image in a large view, there is an error and it fails to display (I've tried both Chrome and Explorer). Would you be able to upload it elsewhere as well, where the full size view would be accessible?

Thanks so much.

Presume you mean the cigar lighter? If you look carefully at the back of it connectors will be numbered 1, 2 and 3. 1 should be a brown earth wire. 2 is a grey/blue wire for the light and 3 is a black yellow wire for the actual lighter.

Presume you mean the cigar lighter? If you look carefully at the back of it connectors will be numbered 1, 2 and 3. 1 should be a brown earth wire. 2 is a grey/blue wire for the light and 3 is a black yellow wire for the actual lighter.

Is there any risk of damaging something by mixing up these 3 wires, or can I safely use trial and error until I get it right (in case I do not find the numbers you mentioned).

Tried to upload image again without any improvement. Seems to be a problem with Photobucket.

Last edited:
The power and earth should both be thick wires. You need to find the earth which will be brown. You should be using spade connectors that are insulated over the connector bit, or you will end up shorting the high current +12 and ground together which will cause a big spark and blow the fuse.

Richard

Is there a part number for the connector ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom