W203 ATF Changed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick5

Car
W213
Hi today got my w203 2005 Mileage:97000 Atf changed by independent Mercedes gears are so smooth but didnt understand the Invoiced £40 oil £10 filter £5 for seal (Gaskit) i've been told they always changed with Torque Convertor bill was £140.
Do you think its really changed with Torque convertor?

For £140 he's not changed the ATF in the torque convertor - he'd have used 7 1/2L of ATF not 4L and taken a lot longer, your bill is about what I paid 5 years ago when I had the same job done (box only plus filter and gasket, not torque convertor).

Hi Chris thanks for your reply I cant do anything now as I'm traveling back to Highland from London at least it's better the previous old oil. You think after few K miles should I get it changed again include torque converter? Or get it changed again now?

May as well let it work through the change another 4 litres as well

Mick, doing a complete change including torque converter is not a simple job AFAIK. You need to ask one of the MB indies on here, I believe it involves disconnecting a pipe from the transmission cooler and somehow pumping the ATF out that way.

I only had the box done on my S203 and it was absolutely fine after that, so personally I'd leave well alone now.

Chrishazle Many thanks for your reply i wasn't sure sure what to do as he changed only 4 Liters as you suggested leave it like that less stress now.
Many thanks

Run it another 3 months and then change oil again only, another 4 litres.

Then it should be fine. Yes the correct way up front is to pump the torque convertor out through radiator cooler line and this would use about 8 litres of oil.

A partial oil change and filter replacement is definitely better then nothing;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom