W203 audio upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cliveost

Car
C220 sports coupe
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. I have a 2003 w203 sports coupe with the audio 10 head unit and 6 disc changer in the glove box.
I would like to upgrade the head unit and have been looking at the audio 20 head unit. I have seen some advertised with Bluetooth which would be nice and I would also like to connect an iPod if possible using a usb lead if possible or aux in type connection. I would also like to use the controls on the steering wheel.
My question is will the audio 20 fit and work correctly and will I need anything to make the Bluetooth work and is an aux in or usb possible.
Thanks Clive

I fit one of the android screens in my W203 last week... It's awesome!! Stream songs from my phone, sat nav, take calls and control it from the wheel. Not cheap at just over £300 but I love it!

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice! [emoji317]

Thanks.
Did you have to purchase anything special to make the steering wheel controls work

Hello, I have a couple of questions as I'm swaying between upgrading this system in my car with the modules or buying the android system...which one did you get? And does it work from your steering wheel too...
Volume controls and phone answer..?
Thanks in advance
Terence in a 2010 w203 180 komp

After a lot of deliberation and some advice I decked I'd to buy a pioneer FH-X730BT double din unit and had it professionally fitted. It has Bluetooth for phone calls and music iPod connectivity usb aux socket etc. The steering wheel controls all work too.
I was going to go for a touch screen Apple play one but it was a little out of my price range.

I fit one of the android screens in my W203 last week... It's awesome!! Stream songs from my phone, sat nav, take calls and control it from the wheel. Not cheap at just over £300 but I love it!

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice! [emoji317]

Hi there

I have been looking but nervous about buying some cheap chinese crap.

How is the GPS signal? I heard on one unit its rubbish.,,

What make is the android unit you brought?

Hello Cliveost,
Your post last July " After a lot of deliberation and some advice I decked I'd to buy a pioneer FH-X730BT double din unit and had it professionally fitted. ". can I ask who fitted it for you?. is it still performing well 6 months on, no issue with steering wheels controls etc.

Reagrds, Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom