W203 Auto Gearbox Hesitation in 1st

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale rider

Car
c class 220 diesel
Fairly regularly get a slight hesitation in 1st gear when pulling off from stationary. Right foot is pressed to the floor and nothing happens for a split second ... then it connects. Checked fluid level manually ....its fine. Service book states oil changed once. Mileage now at 86K.
Car is diesel C220 Auto.

Anyone know the reason for the slight hesitation. Its a tiny bit concerning if you want to pull away quickly from a junction. :eek:

Thanks in advance

No one seem to know the reason... but if you search 'delay before acceleration' you will find quite a few people here (myself included) asking the same question.

In my case, I found that contrary to common sense the car accelerates more quickly if you step on the accelerator lightly and smoothly but progressively and decisively rather than all the way down.

No one seem to know the reason... but if you search 'delay before acceleration' you will find quite a few people here (myself included) asking the same question.

In my case, I found that contrary to common sense the car accelerates more quickly if you step on the accelerator lightly and smoothly but progressively and decisively rather than all the way down.

Thanks Markjay,
At least I am not alone with this issue, seems to be fairly common then. Still niggles me though of course. Cheers:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom