W203 Beeps on ignition turn on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonD

Car
w203 C320cdi
Hey Everyone.

When I turn on the ignition of my '06 w203 it beeps a few times through the audio system and displays "*MUTED*" on the Audio 20 system.

Any ideas what this warning could be about?

Cheers

Simon

Do you have an integrated phone system or a third party one like the Nokia CK 7W or Parrot? It may be thinking there's a call in progress and kindly muting the radio?

Hi Stratman,
there is no phone as far as I can see pressing the phone buttons shows "No Phone" on the Audio 20 and the Cluster.
I can't see any signs of an after market phone system.
I just wondered if this was "normal" Doesn't seem to effect the car apart from the beeps as you turn the ignition on. It seems to be timered as it doesn't matter which position the key is in it'll make the bleeps a few seconds after it gets to/past pos 1.

Last edited:
Sadly that's all I could think of.

Hopefully someone who knows more will be along presently.

I too think you have a hidden away aftermarket (probably bluetooth) phone system.

Audio-20 only says muted when the mute input is fed +12v, and its only ever used for an aftermarket car kit.

Richard

Sorry Stratman, both you and Richard are of course right!
Thanks for planting the seed!
I went out with my bluetooth phone and did a search and low and behold "Audio Device -Parrot CK3100" no clue where it's hidden but it works.

It appears from the website to have a display with the buttons that answer/make calls but I can't see that anywhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom