W203 best place for ign and permanent feed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
Can anyone tell me safest place for an ign and a permanent elec feed.

Ign live is to trip a power feed relay in and the perm feed is to drive the accessory max 10 amps on the perm feed, ign tiny as only trips the relay.

w203 C320 2001

Ta
Lynall

Location or accessory would help, then suitable feeds nearby could be found

Steve good point!
I am going to fit seat heater elements to wifes car and was kind of hoping for a local feed as i am going to stick the switch and the feed relays under the seat itself for neatness.

Ta
Lynall

Steve good point!
I am going to fit seat heater elements to wifes car and was kind of hoping for a local feed as i am going to stick the switch and the feed relays under the seat itself for neatness.

Ta
Lynall

I'm no expert but for heated seats I think you will need more than 10A

Based on the comments, I would be looking for the factory harness and factory switch. Neatness has nothing to do with it. Why would someone want to reach under a seat to enable the heating.

The only variant I can think of is maybe using NON mercedes heating elements. The other two parts (wiring and switch) should be OEM.

get the heated seat loom ferom mercs its about £30, it plugs in to the fuse board for 30A power and grounda on the floor of the car near the B-pillar and then goes to the swith row above the stereo, and the other ends plugs in to the seat bottom or you could modify it to fit your heated seat plugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom