W203 - Bi-Xenon Adjustments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wully

Car
2002 W203 C220 CDI Avantgarde SE Auto
Does anyone know how to / what should be the height etc etc for your headlights.

When i changed the headlights over i copied the exact settings from the others however i feel the passenger side is just a bit high.

Am i better to take it in somewhere?

You could adjust it down using the knobs on the back, try comparing it with another car, all cars should have approximately the same alignment/headlight beam pattern. Don't forget that the headlamps are "assymetric" and therefore have a different beam each.

When I did my headlamp swap a few months ago I already had it booked in for an MOT with alignment, dispite the fact that I thought they weren't aligned properly they came back from the MOT the same with "no adjustment needed" and an MOT pass :)

Wully said:
Does anyone know how to / what should be the height etc etc for your headlights.

When i changed the headlights over i copied the exact settings from the others however i feel the passenger side is just a bit high.

Am i better to take it in somewhere?

On xenon/bi xenon headlamps the passenger side headlamp is always adjustsed higher than the driver's side so that it does not blind on coming traffic! Sounds normal to me as mine are like that too and so have all the other cars that I have had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom