W203 Black smoke --EGR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Karce

Car
C220 w203
Hello everyone, I am writing for Lithuania to your forum, because I do not really know what to do.
1)About couple months ago my MB w203 C220 CDI started dropping through exhaust a lot of black smokes, mostly of them on 700-3500Rpm's(kickdown). Maybe it could be an EGR valve or maybe something else? Where it is?

2)Another problem.. On the cold engine(idle), engine starts droping RPM's from 700 to about 500 RPM and it repeats about every 30-45 seconds.

Thanks a lot for answers! :thumb:

Black smoke is a result of rich mixture. First thing to check would be that you don't have a restriction in the air intake (i.e. blocked air filter).

Black smoke is a result of rich mixture. First thing to check would be that you don't have a restriction in the air intake (i.e. blocked air filter).

Air filter, fuel filter, oil filter are changed to the new ones, also oil..

Hey... So i removed an EGR Valve and black smoke was mostly reduces so additional to this I put Chip Tuning. But anyways, bad idle on cold engine has the same problem, it do not make any changes... So any tips?

I also have this problem with the C270,quite a lot of smoke whilst driving,plenty of black smoke when i kick down,car has just had new air filter,oil change,fuel filter changed.i am leaning towards the Air Mass being blocked ?,cannot do any harm cleaning the unit,other than that, diagnostics, and see what that throws up,car runs well apart from this smoke.

Diagnostic shows code P1664.we know that's not the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom