W203 Bluetooth help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whitty1956

Car
2005 Mercedes ML500
So I bought my first Mercedes a w203 Facelift c180 kompressor elegance with ntg2 command unit. I’ve read numerous threads on Bluetooth issues but can’t find any that are having the same issue as me. So when I bought the vehicle there was no Bluetooth adapter in the centre console but the connector was all there but on the TEL menu on the command screen it just said NO PHONE. I the purchased a Bluetooth adapter and plugged it into the centre console and connected it to my phone. Unfortunately despite my iPhone X being connected to the Bluetooth adapter, the command screen still says no phone? Does something need activation in the MOST settings with a star machine? Or is it something else. Thanks

Is your 'phone set to transfer contacts etc?

What bluetooth adaptor did you buy?

Yes when I typed the MBUSA/62872 password in it asked if I wanted to sync contacts to the car so I clicked allow

Do you have many contacts to transfer? It can take a fair time and during the transfer the phone is unavailable

Do you have many contacts to transfer? It can take a fair time and during the transfer the phone is unavailable
Hi, I have 26 contacts, not very popular haha I thought the same, it just seems strange how on the command screen it says no phone instead of connect phone or something?

UPDATE: Checked fuses for telephone system all now correct apart from one in the drivers side fuse box in the dash (fuse 40, 7.5a, doesn't exist). Otherwise the rest of the phone related fuses are present and correct. Just wondering if CTEL needs to be activated in the control module as the connections and fuses apart from previously mentioned are ok. Bluetooth adapter powers up when in the cradle but when I try and change the MOST adaptions adding telephone, I get a fault code for specified values being different. I carried out an optical ring component wake up test which the phone came back as failed/not fitted? Does anyone know where I can go from here? Many thanks

Last edited:
From my experience with my W203. It came with telephone pre wiring. So at the time with my iPhone 3G I tried to connect the phone Bluetooth to the NTG2 but it refused as Apple's Bluetooth isn't industry standard.

I bought an official Merc iPhone 3G cradle for the UHI port in the center console, paired the iPhone 3G to the cradle and the signal strength appeared on the Comand and my phone contacts appeared on the dash.

Moving forward, when I upgraded to an iPhone 6 and Merc did't do a specific cradle for it, I had to get a third party one.

I bought a Viseeo MB-4+ and connected that to the UHI port. Paired my iPhone 6 with the MB-4+ and contacts appeared on the dash.

So, given what you've done and my experience, it does point to the telephone pre wiring either having a fault or not being activated.

BSG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom