W203 bonnet star

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ss201

MB Enthusiast
Car
190E 2.6 Sportline, W203 320 CDi SE Estate
After 8 years of ownership, my 15 year old C-Class estate was savagely attacked by some mindless hoodlum who had the audacity to wrench the star from my bonnet emblem, just leaving it lying on the drive after he/she had done it. I've temporarily superglued the star back into the socket, just to have something, rather than nothing, there, but it doesn't move and I'd rather have a proper, original star back in its place. There are numerous cheapo copies available on ebay, but if anyone has a genuine (used) Mercedes replacement part in good condition, do please let me know. I'm loathe to buy a new one from the dealership in case the vandal decides to make a return visit. Thanks - Steve

Thanks, but does if fit a W203 where the emblem & star sit directly into the bonnet, rather than the top of the grille?

The star i had came from this guy to get there on Ebay the item number is 272313029902. On the listing check out other items or shop .This is the best of the bunch its remote control for thoe mercedes with a hole in the bonnet... expensive but how many guys have one ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 13-49-50 MERCEDES BENZ ELECTRONIC HOOD STAR EMBLEM UP-DOWN REMOTE CON...png
    Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 13-49-50 MERCEDES BENZ ELECTRONIC HOOD STAR EMBLEM UP-DOWN REMOTE CON...png
    213.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 13-45-42 Mercedes benz star electronic remote control motorized model...png
    Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 13-45-42 Mercedes benz star electronic remote control motorized model...png
    586.9 KB · Views: 4
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks but OTT for what I need. A simple, used part will suffice for my needs.

Visited my trusted indie today for a couple of minor jobs and the MOT. Mentioned in passing that if he came across a used bonnet star to put it to one side for me. Quote - "shame you didn't ask me earlier. There was one on a car I sent for scrap last week........."

Grrrrrr!

If you own and drive a Mercedes . you should be able to afford a new Benz star What condition is the rest of the car in? The stars are not that expensive . But if you need a cheaper one buy one off Ebay at £35 .

If you own and drive a Mercedes . you should be able to afford a new Benz star What condition is the rest of the car in? The stars are not that expensive . But if you need a cheaper one buy one off Ebay at £35 .
cheaper brand new from a dealers.

ask the dealer to fit it nicely its a 2 min job. reason being they are twist once to fit and if you overtwist they are break and you need another one. there is a special cup tool merc use to fit them.

Had this happen a few times. scrotes. driving a merc without the gunsight is just not right.

Found one, now sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom