W203 Bonnet Star

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Please can someone advise on how to remove/install replacement star on a W203 please (main bonnet star) - rather have some advise then play around with it and mess it up... are any tools needed in the process ?

Thank You.

Flash

I was at the stealership a few weeks ago and a guy walked into the parts dept to buy a new bonnet star for his w124, someone had ripped most of it out! He managed to get a parts guy to fit it for him :)

This thread should be in the bodywork section

Sorry for posting in wrong section....

My local delaer is not helpful at all... they prob make me book car in (thats just how tight they have been with me on previous experiences...). No harm in asking parts dept...

To be honest I`d rather fit it myself... the morans I have seen at the stealership (trainees..in w/shop) I wouldnt want anywhere near my car at my local stealership anyway.....also I can learn (in case another a*sshole decides to try and pull it off...)

For future services I prob have to find an alternative dealer when the times comes....

Cheers...

Flash

Originally posted by Flash
My local delaer is not helpful at all... they prob make me book car in (thats just how tight they have been with me on previous experiences...). No harm in asking parts dept...
That's a Daimler-Chrysler thing, my local stealership were happy to do all kinds of bits and pieces for people, but DC have stopped all this so now EVERYTHING has to be booked in, like a free car wash that takes 5 mins. Stupid really. :(

That's a Daimler-Chrysler thing, my local stealership were happy to do all kinds of bits and pieces for people, but DC have stopped all this so now EVERYTHING has to be booked in, like a free car wash that takes 5 mins. Stupid really.

It's a performance and auditing thing.

Remember that these are the same dealers that are rorting the warranty claims systems, etc. ;-)

Open bonnet, look underneath star installation and with a pair of reasonably sized pliers, put around base of star and turn [cant remember clock or anti clock wise] and the unit will release itself...

Fitting is reverse...

Hope it works ...

Thanks You MBZSLK - I take it that there is no pin then holding the star in place at all ?

REgards,

Flash

Dont think so - its one of those turn and twist type ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom