W203 C-Class Facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
maybe, it probably is. Always thought it was good stuff, more durable..

jay

Yes, its officially MB Lex, but they still use MB Tex in America.

I agree, MB Lex is durable. My seats still look as new as the day I bought it, although its only around 8 months old.

So twin leather is the option to get?...are heated seats worth investing in alongside the twin leather? Any particular colour of leather which would suit a silver car or is black best?

light grey leather looks nice (providing your able to keep it clean). makes the cabin feel airy IMO. leather seats get very cold in winter so i'd go for the heated seats if you can.

EDIT: btw have you considered getting a coloured car??
devil.gif

Last edited:
perhaps blue but silver seems to be the favourite in the household.
Which are the most populour colours to go for?

Im new to MB ownership so not sure of what the trends are etc

x1-immy. . . . go for whatever colour you like - don't listen to anybody on here, especially me !!

(but if you choose Silver, then that's great ;)) Silver & Dark Metallics will be generally better for resale, but of course, the choice is entirely yours - that is why they make cars in all sorts of different colours :D

Silver is by far the most popular though I won't comment on that as there is usually much leg pulling on here surrounding silver!!!! (the non colour!)

I was originally going for Tansanite (dark blue metallic) but have since been converted to Obsidian (black metallic), particularly since they announced the introduction of the more scratch resistant nano-particle paint!

Silver cars are easier to keep clean - they show dirt and scratches less, darker cars the opposite but a clean black car looks stunning!

I'd avoid the non-metallic red, white and blue on a new Merc like the plague if I were you. Metallics are much better for resale.

At the end of the day, there are pros and cons for everything, so have whatever you like, you are paying for it! Then enjoy it! That's the best bit!

Tansanite blue is absolutely stunning IMO, particularly when the sun is shining ans the car is freshly polished :)

Robbo said:
Tansanite blue is absolutely stunning IMO, particularly when the sun is shining ans the car is freshly polished :)

Its gonna be mainly used by my parents, and i dont really see my dad getting out to polish the car. So i think something easy to keep clean and to not show the scratches. Id be amazed if the alloys survived without a scuff after 2 weeks, :)

I am gonna go for the metallic silver. I have the following colour choices for leather upholstry, - black, royal blue, pebble beige or alpaca grey....which would look best with the silver car...im thinking black might be too much of a contrast against the silver.

If as you mentioned they won't be cleaning the car very often, the black interior is probably best as the lighter colours, beige or grey, show every mark. Black won't show any!

I'd personally have the Black Leather, other colours are too hard to keep clean and you'll be paranoid about putting stuff on the seat - I would be!

Would be different if it was a lease car!

My dealer reckoned people either choose light exterior with dark interior or vice versa. I think it is down to practicality and taste. Most silver w203s I see have black interiors and it looks smart. I personally will probably be ordering Obsidian Black metallic exterior with Black Leather - Obsidian is sexy and the Black interior is sporty looking and practical.

mmmmm choices choices.....
I'll pop into the local dealer tonight to see if he can show me the different colours of leather available.

My original choice of dealer has sold his early allocation and wont be able to get hold of a car till September now...so having to ditch him...and going with a localish dealer who altho is £400 dearer for the car OTR, he has a earlier build slot available and can supply car for late June, early July.

Am glad i discovered this forum, you have all been very helpfull.
Hopefully I shall be able to contribute something back into the forum once I get the car :)

Just to add my 4p's worth:

75% of MB owners at the mo choose silver.
95% choose auto.

We test drove a current W203 in silver with black cloth interior and felt it was a bit claustrophobic.

So we ended up with Jasper Blue and grey cloth. However as others have said here it marks easily. We are now seriously stumping up the money and having leather retro fitted. So leather is a must too!

Cheers!

I agree with you on the black being claustrophobic. The grey interior seems to be so much more spacious and airy.

Leather is of course compulsory. This is a Mercedes, after all ;)

Robbo said:
I agree with you on the black being claustrophobic. The grey interior seems to be so much more spacious and airy.

Leather is of course compulsory. This is a Mercedes, after all ;)

Mine has the pebble leather interior which if u have kids is difficult to clean...not the leather but the cream carpet upholstery which is twinned with the leather....the matts are cream to so every bit of dirt shows. BUT when its clean it looks ace.

leather is easy to maintain with the cleaning products out there.....cloth is a nightmare. I would opt for leather since when u come to sell in 3-4 yrs time u will get back half of what u paid for it....not for cloth though.

Silver is the best low maintenance colour, and hides scratches well....i have the tansanite blue with pebble leather( Eclass) which is high maintenance..but looks like black at night and gives the car a sporty look.

I think going from Honda to Mb myself the C class is probably the correct choice for you.....personally...unless u have a bigger family the C class will fit like a glove ....in terms of ride quality and comfort in cf to Honda. Just don't expect the VTEC to kick in at high revvs.....u need to drive it like a MERC.

Well the cars been ordered. C200K Saloon Elegence SE, Silver colour, automatic, black leather twin. Delivery to dealer in late June, and available to me on 1st July.

x1-immy said:
Well the cars been ordered. C200K Saloon Elegence SE, Silver colour, automatic, black leather twin. Delivery to dealer in late June, and available to me on 1st July.

Sounds like a good choice, smart motor!

Will you be getting pre-facelift or facelifted model and what discount did you get if you don't mind me asking?

London dealers are offering £2004 off each C-class and no doubt you can get more off it you push -- these are for the pre-facelift cars though. No doubt these offers will re-emerge for the facelift model in eventually :)

C240Sport97 said:
London dealers are offering £2004 off each C-class and no doubt you can get more off it you push -- these are for the pre-facelift cars though. No doubt these offers will re-emerge for the facelift model in eventually :)

Im getting the facelift model. Have got just under 6% discount from a local dealer. Was getting just under 7% discount from london dealer but their waiting times exceeded 6 months plus id have to travel down from scotland to pick the car up and drive back up with it. So its a good deal that ive managed to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom