W203 C-Class Facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like a good deal on a good car, nice one. How hard did you have to try to get the discount that you got?

Last edited:
2 days of phone negotitations, havent even met the dealer face to face yet.
I told him the price i was getting from london....and told him to match it or if he came close enough to it then id sign with him cos he was local. He was about £400 off the london price, but offered locality and 1st july delivery which the london dealer didnt.

leather twin

with leather twin the centre of the seats is leather and all other seat area's are leatherette.the door panels ,head rests,arm rest are leatherette.the main problem i find is the centre leather area starts to crease nicely with it being leather but the edges stay taught being leatherette.the reason i know this is ive just bought a new c class ,specified and paid for leather then found out 4 months down the line its leather twin...my dealer says its a factory error and it was not picked up on delivery!!!!..its having a full retrim in leather a.s.a.p.

I was at a MB dealer yesterday, when a facelifted C class estate arrived. The dealer said there was an emargo until 1st May (i.e they couldnt deliver it to the customer), and it had arrived earlier than they had expected.

(suggests to me that MB have already switched the estate production line over to face-lift - I dont know if same line is used to produce standard C class)

I managed to sneak a peak while they werent looking - it seems to have clear headlights,, the inside seems to have CLK instruments, the new E class COMAND system and S-Class like switches - the seats looked slightly different, but I've rarely been near a C class ...

R

richard said:
(suggests to me that MB have already switched the estate production line over to face-lift - I dont know if same line is used to produce standard C class)
As far as I know, the w203 saloon is made in the South Africa factory, estate models made in Bremen.

richard said:
I was at a MB dealer yesterday, when a facelifted C class estate arrived. The dealer said there was an emargo until 1st May (i.e they couldnt deliver it to the customer), and it had arrived earlier than they had expected.

I managed to sneak a peak while they werent looking - it seems to have clear headlights,, the inside seems to have CLK instruments, the new E class COMAND system and S-Class like switches - the seats looked slightly different, but I've rarely been near a C class ...

R

They are using this strategy because they still have probably a few pre facelift models lying around that they need to shift - when I took delivery of my current W203 the dealer said that almost every single custome that was factory ording W03s from them was opting for the bixenons so that their cars look like the face lift clear headlamps (which are pretty much identical) - the bixenons are good and well worth the money I spent on them...

Flash

Will the new clear lenses (non Xenon) fit the previous model? Could be a good mod.

RichardM said:
Will the new clear lenses (non Xenon) fit the previous model? Could be a good mod.

From what I have heard yes they should fit and would look very good - ever since having the bi xenons on my current car (they really do finish the car off nicely...) and I now find that "none clear" ones ones look a little odd/out dated - but that is just my opinion... coz I am used to the clear ones now... the same goes for the pre faclift S Class etc.....

Flash

I think the same too, mine has the clear lights and I don't like the older style now.

If it wasnt such a pain to fit them might be worthwhile.

I think you need to take the bumper off :S

fuzzer said:
If it wasnt such a pain to fit them might be worthwhile.

I think you need to take the bumper off :S

I understand what u are saying - Steve from Netherlands would be best person to do the supply/install - if u know what u are doing all in all should be an hour's work - I read on another forum that it should tak 20 mins to partially remove/assemble the front bumper for the install of headlights (but I would not personally want to do such a task myself...) - best left to the experts...

richard said:

R

From what my dealer told me, the new C-Class saloon models should arrive at dealers in May/June, but they are only allowed to give to customers on 1st July.

Anyone know what style the alloys are on the new c class elegence SE?
Dealer unable to show me any pics. Apparantly its a 7 hole new design

Hello I'm new around here

If you want to see pictures of the alloys I suggest you email customer service and ask for the facelift brochure and price list (their address is earlier on this thread) - I got mine in the post today. The classic and elegance alloys are a bit like the BMW 5-series standard alloys. The Avantgarde alloys don't look as nice to me as the previous version (still 5-spoke) but I have to say that the classic SE alloys look a huge improvement on the previous

Have been considering c-class estate to replace current A4 TDi when I change job shortly. Was hoping to get a C270CDI but to get, say, an automatic C270CDI estate classic SE is now £28,700. Before the facelift it was £26,700. That's 2k extra for a different dashboard and metallic paint, prertty much :eek:

Looks like I have to have either a C220CDI - can get a reasonable spec for my budget (an Avantgarde SE auto C220 is roughly the same price now as pre-facelist at about 27k) - or a C230k classic SE auto (would like to drive the manual to see what that's like too), with 192hp, at £27,400 (all quoted prices assume I can add up, which may be a mistake ;) ). Both would be plus a couple of other extras (towbar, upgraded speakers)

I'm also considering a BMW 525D saloon - need to have testdrives to decide, but I love the relaxing drive of my wife's R-reg C250TD auto estate

Decisions, decisions!

i do like the new front spoiler, i just missed out on it.
Not seen these wheels before.. smart

new-c.jpg

Last edited:
SEM said:
i do like the new front spoiler, i just missed out on it.

Could be a future mod for you to replace ur bumper.

I was thinking of trading mine in for a face lift but cannot really justify it as only the front bumper and grill has been slightly modified (in addition) to the subtle side skirts. Because I have the bi xenons there is not much exterior viusal difference.... sales person even said that it would be silly to trade car in as the outer shell is pretty much the same (just for the sake of a new bumper). However, interior of car has been reformed. Facelift is a nice car.

Flash

That's the C55 AMG in the picture, no other model will look like that unless you order the AMG package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom